ICH...

Mitrillion

You may stress the fish more by doing the tank transfer, if the fish are eating well Id continue feeding them and cross your fingers which has worked for me 75% of time the other 25% half my fish died, just the expensive ones tho.

Tangs suck a@# IMO, more trouble for me in all the years than enjoyment, I vow to never introduce another tang into my display

Hope all works out for you-it sucks, sorry to hear

now idk if it is ich because there is no spots on the clown now and just spots on the tang could it just be sand stuck on him idk if its ich they are all eating fine???

What cool fish would you recommend for my size tank, that arnt boring!

Edited by Mitrillion

I am with Brad on this one. It may not be the popular opinion right now, as it seems that QT and hospital setups are all the rage, but the best success I have had over the years is if the fish are eating, let them be and keep them well fed. The 75% success rate for tangs is about right for me too. Clowns are darn near impossible to kill (at least they have been for me). The moment you go crazy introducing them to a freshly set up new tank/environment (which will stress the hell out of them) you decrease your chances of living IME, and that doesn't address the pain it is to go get another whole tank up and running. Now going forward if you want to be proactive instead of reactive, looking into a hospital tank may be of some benefit. Or you can buy the fish and if your LFS is cool with it, and has a medicated setup, just leave the fish in their medicated system for a length of time. 

But short term, my advice is to not mess with the fish. Just feed em. 

what do you mean by messing with fish? and do you think it is due to changing the aquascape?

what do you mean by messing with fish? and do you think it is due to changing the aquascape?

One things for certain, blasting your fish with a turkey baster thinking they may have sand on them isn't going to help them any.

By messing with...doing anything out of the ordinary. Fiddling with water parameters, having your hands in the tank excessively, trying a freshwater dip, trying to move the fish from their regular environment, introducing new fish to the tank. Things like that. All of those could potentially induce stress. Basically feed them regularly and let them be. If they are eating, odds are they will be fine.

And it's hard to say the cause. Could be plenty of things or nothing in particular. Way too many variables usually to say it was one thing specifically. Aquascaping I'm sure didn't help, as it probably took them out of their 'comfort zone', especially in smaller tanks (where they don't have many other places to hide). But if your rocks were falling all over the place you didn't have much choice there, it had to be done.

Anyway, I haven't lost a fish to ich in over 5-6 years. I'm a firm believer that people overreacting to things is usually worse than letting nature take its course. So just feed them regularly. If they are eating, odds are they will be fine.

• Like 2

You may stress the fish more by doing the tank transfer, if the fish are eating well Id continue feeding them and cross your fingers which has worked for me 75% of time the other 25% half my fish died, just the expensive ones tho.

Tangs suck a@# IMO, more trouble for me in all the years than enjoyment, I vow to never introduce another tang into my display

Hope all works out for you-it sucks, sorry to hear

+2 Stress is a CONSIDERABLE factor with ICH.

The boy who cried wolf.

oh jeff! haha I think you guys are right have had my hands in the tank a lot messing around with stuff I think fish are doing good ill keep you guys posted! im just gonna let the tank be, keep my hands out of it... (which is hard for me lol)