Ato pump

spilo

I've never used one, but I hear dosing pumps work well for this. When I was dosing kalk, I had the AquaLifter push fresh water through the kalk reactor, rather than pull limewater... just an idea, if you are using a reactor.

Guest Bevo5

I've read that propping the pump up off the bottom of the container will help quite a bit. Put it up a few inches off the bottom. Might try that before replacing pump and having the same problem.

Aqualifter makes a prefilter, it helps some but would still clog for me.

For what it's worth, here is what I am doing now...

Now I dose to a 'reactor' that anyone can make for a couple of bucks if you have the room.

This started out as a kalk experiment a few months ago.  Works well enough I have kept it going for now...

63546eaa881ff7fb4ee1dcbaea9b7674.jpg

5aeaba0e8a4bfa3c11e115ed7875baa4.jpg

Airline tubing in top is the feed, 1/2" tube coming out of the side is the overflow.

Keep the overflow above the water line or even 1/2" can clog up.

Once a week I stir the Kalk.  It remains very potent surprisingly without the stirrer.

PS:  Anyone have a kalk reactor for sale? :)

Edited by theclark

I use an aqualifter on my nano at work. The water container used to be about 50" lower than top of tank, and that is too far and I'd have it stop working every couple of weeks. I put the container up on a pedestal now, with about 20" difference in height, and it's worked flawless since.

Jeremy, you're the jerry riggin captain LOL!

Maybe the OP should try a kalk reactor. The 2 little fishes one is pretty cheap. Put your AL before it and shouldn't have a clog issue.

When I ran Kalk with ALs I would have like 4 that I swapped around and cleaned.

Edited by Blue Z Reef
  • Like 1

Jeremy, you're the jerry riggin captain LOL!

Maybe the OP should try a kalk reactor. The 2 little fishes one is pretty cheap. Put your AL before it and shouldn't have a clog issue.

When I ran Kalk with ALs I would have like 4 that I swapped around and cleaned.

I knew someone would have to comment on the ultimate jury - rig.  LOL... good stuff...