Emerald's Nuvo 16 Zoa Paradise! I'm Baaaack!!!

Emerald525

Looks good Kim! What are you going to stock it with? you're welcome to anything I have

Steve

Thanks Steve!!! I'm going to do mostly zoas maybe a few Lps like chalices but I will need more shady spots and need to get this Maxspect figured out and dialed down. I will probably have a little bit of frog spawn and hammer corals and some yumas and Florida ricordias. I really appreciate the offer! I will definitely stop by! It's been too long!????

I thought I saw your post about a new tank but didn't see in the tank threads, I didn't know the forum had a kiddie section.

That should score points with all you cubettes - Im sure I'm compensating for something with my big tank :)

Welcome back Kim-

One nice thing is for the next build you'll have all that insight so you'll know what you'd do differently, I mean that seriously and in a positive way- huge learning curve in this hobby.

Anyway congrats again ( and for LPS wall hammers, and wall octopus they grow much slower than those branching beasts)

I thought I saw your post about a new tank but didn't see in the tank threads, I didn't know the forum had a kiddie section.

That should score points with all you cubettes - Im sure I'm compensating for something with my big tank :)

Welcome back Kim-

One nice thing is for the next build you'll have all that insight so you'll know what you'd do differently, I mean that seriously and in a positive way- huge learning curve in this hobby.

Anyway congrats again ( and for LPS wall hammers, and wall octopus they grow much slower than those branching beasts)

Thanks Brad! It's good to be back! I guess technically I have had nanos before I have rotated through an aquapod , a 14 biocube , a few 29 biocubes but they were always line the ignored middle child. And yes I have thought about wall hammers too! I like the ones in your tank!

And yes we all know your love of colored sticks and big colonies is simply to make up for other inadequacies! ????

And yes we all know your love of colored sticks and big colonies is simply to make up for other inadequacies!

And I'm OK with that-I had a cube when I got back I to the hobby, it lasted 45 days, after I upgraded the lights, the pump, the back section, added a calcium reactor and a chiller for all the heat the new equipment brought, I fell into the trap

"Larger tanks are easier to maintain"

So the 75 gallon was born and then the rest is history.

I'm sure Jon can help with the future build plans-there has to a wall/room something to make a simple automated 800 gallon tank ;)

• Like 1

And I'm OK with that-I had a cube when I got back I to the hobby, it lasted 45 days, after I upgraded the lights, the pump, the back section, added a calcium reactor and a chiller for all the heat the new equipment brought, I fell into the trap

"Larger tanks are easier to maintain"

So the 75 gallon was born and then the rest is history.

I'm sure Jon can help with the future build plans-there has to a wall/room something to make a simple automated 800 gallon tank ;)

You're 75 gallon tank was amazing!  You really had some nice stuff like the dendros, duncans , acan and ricordia garden and all the chalices jam packed on the side of the thing! :)

Is this the only tank you have as of now or have you already upgraded

No upgrade just yet. Jeff has a 20 on hold for me because I'm going to switch this one out. One of the pumps doesn't work and I just don't want to risk the crack getting worse. I don't think it will but the crack is going to bother me. Better to change it out now while it is still cycling.

Great choice Kim! My nuvo 16 started leaking from a bottom seam, which sounds like another common issue with these, and I upgraded to the 20 fusion also. The extra depth front to back is perfect.

Thanks for the info Bill! I feel better about making the switch!????