Mayweather vs. Pacquiao

pledosophy

Anyone else watching the fight tonight? Who's your pick?

I'd like to see Pacquiao pull it out, but it's gonna be tough to hand Floyd his first defeat. Either way I hope it is a good fight. Wish we wouldn't have had to wait 5 years to see it! 

• Like 2

Is Albany local to Oregon City? We were gonna go out, but decided to just watch it at home instead. 

This is why you need to move close :P

Based on character I think PacMan already is the clear winner. He is a great man for sure. That is a large part of why I want to see him :beaten: to Mayweather tonight. 

I'm not a huge fan of either of them, honestly. Of the two, I'd rather see Pacquiao win but I don't see how he gets there -- he doesn't have the power he did at lightweight, and Mayweather's defense is still the best in the game. Mayweather by decision  :mellow:

You having people over?

Hadn't planned on it. . . 

Im all for pac man but i think it's gonna be mayweather by close decision to set up for a rematch next year! It's all rigged for the $$$ haha

Contract reads if Mayweather wins, there is no rematch, but if PacMan wins, there is a guaranteed rematch. It's a weird little conundrum, as Mayweather is set to take home 180m from one fight, if he looses he is inline to make similiar if not more on a rematch. So take a dive, make 180m, and set yourself up to make another 180m? Some of the biggest and most profitable fights have been rematches... 

I think PacMan has a lot to over come to take this one, but I hope he does. 

That went down just like I thought it would. I actually thought PAC man might win a few more rounds than 2 though. What was the deal with him having myweather on the ropes then backing out ! They said because he didn't wAnt to punch himself out? WTH

I watched it and all I'll say is "meh." Nothing really exciting. Yeah, Pac had him up against the ropes during some exchanges, but Floyd was covered up and the punches weren't doing anything. It would definitely have been worse for Pac to exhaust himself throwing a flurry of punches that weren't doing anything.

I was really hoping for a better performance overall, but Floyd managed to keep Pac at a distance that favored the longer reach of Mayweather.

The last three rounds Pac was barely throwing, but Mayweather looked like he still had another dozen rounds in him. However, I have more of a MMA background so I don't always understand boxing.

Evidently, Pacquiao had a shoulder injury going into the fight and the NSAC refused his camp's request for a shot to settle it down. I don't think it made that much difference when it's all said and done.