Nicest fish

fishboys

I made the mistake of telling my wife she could pick out the fish for our tank. I am wondering what are some of your favorites that will not out grow a 60-90 gallon tank and is reef safe sps dominate but lps and one host for a pair of clowns.

The only saving grace is if I totally hate a fish she wants I can go the (it will eat our coral route)

I am also interested in a fish that is not as common as the rest. Under $200 but has to be a stunner. Thanks guys.

• Like 1

What about a marine betta. I didn't think I have seen one in person before. I cannot not have one because they will eat little fish and I want pipefish. Other than that, they appear to be peaceful. You may want to get a China wrasse. I cannot get one because my tank is too small, they need at less 120g. I saw one at moloko. I hear it is somewhat difficult to get them to recognize prepare food at first. I think both of these fishs are beauty and unique.

At that size tank a wrasse is likely your best choice. We are lucky around here that the local shops get some cool ones in.

Hawaiian flame wrasses are cool and not something you see everyday. I had a tamarin wrasse that was unique as well. Finding a male tamarin would be very cool if someone could order you one.

So here are my Holy grail, some more expensive, some less, and no not all are going to fit in a 90

gem tang

black TANG

borbonius anthias

golden rhomboid wrasse

lineatus wrasse

labouti wrasse

earls flasher wrasse

flame wrasse

pylei wrasse

chaoti wrasse

Red sea eight line flasher

Hawaii flame wrasse

Blue spot JAWFISH

• Like 1

I love a Banggai Cardinal in a reef tank; they just meander around above it all. IME groups tend to fight down to a single survivor, so a single is best unless you've got a breeding pair like Jmanrow :-)

For a tank your size I would look at these:

Bi Partus Leopard Wrasse

Hawaiian Potters Wrasse

Midas Blenny

Helfrichi Firefish

Blue Spotted Jawfish. 

All are reefsafe, affordable, and have great personalities. You want your wife to like the tank, makes the rest of it easier.