Purple "blob"??

Yourmedic

I am a first time coral papa!! Big thanks to the raffle at the April meeting and those who donated!! I have been so busy with work, checking my levels in the tank, setting up a feeding schedule, researching LEDs, their strength, and putting them on a light cycle that I really haven't just sat down and watched the corals; until today! Just after feeling them, I sit down in my chair and I see this purple blob on one of the polyps. I move closer to the tank wondering if it's just the light, or am I really seeing this thing.

I pull out my camera to get a picture of it. I was completely disappointed in my camera when I tried to zoom in and focus. I tried using my phone, with better luck on the zooming in part, it became slightly blurry and bright. So, hopefully, between the 3 pictures, someone out there can tell me what this is and should I be worried? And what to do with it.

Here are my water parameters:

Temp: 82.1

PH: 8.4

CA: 400

KH: 10.9

MG: 1200

Nitrite: 0

Ammonia: 0

Nitrate: 0

Specific Gravity: 1.022

I'm feeding the polyps every other day; 1/2 teaspoon of "ZoPlan Zooplankton Diet. Julian Sprung's formula" I have a 40B with a 20 gallon sump. 

IMG_4111_zpsusycefkr.jpg

IMG_5830_zpsxlvo4enu.jpg

IMG_5829_zpsnmbhjyrf.jpg

The blob in question is on the polyp on the top right. Thanks for any help!!

I looks like something is on the outside of it, not inside the tube itself which is why I am concerned; but it's the only one I see. So, I have no clue. Would I hurt the polyp if I tried to remove the blob with tweezers?