My new office nano!

matty

I was able to pick this sweet tank up from Jesse and am going to put it in my office at work.

Tank is an 8g Nuvo, I will use a Nano-Box tide for light and an Mp10 for some extra flow. I'm using starboard for the bottom, I wanted BB but hate the look of glass, this looks kinda like sand but without the hassle of it.

I'm looking for ideas on what to stock it with, I kinda want to make a species tank of some sort and try some SPS for coral. Here are a couple pics, I will be taking it to the office and setting it up in the next day or 2.

image_zpstgxqzjpf.jpg

image_zpsaqrguw47.jpg

image_zpsi6s1s2x3.jpg

That is really cool Matty! I kinda regret not getting it! The light looks awesome! That's gonna be so fun to have in your office. I think you should should have some tangs in there like maybe a naso tang and an Achilles and a few yellow tangs! ???? seriously though someone had a nice one with maxi minis and ricordias would look sweet !

• Like 1

Full on LPS wall hammers and wall octopus-not a fan of the branching

Dendros, elegance, gold aussie torch maybe a nice ricordia garden-

There now its stocked and time for an upgrade ;)

Acans would look nice in there.

The view from my desk

image_zpsg8gplere.jpg

I have to say, I see what the hype is about these lights. The color is awesome and they really pack a punch for their small size. I am still getting used to the storm controller but it's pretty straight forward. I should have water in the tank tomorrow!

Tank has been running for about a week now and staying stable, I added Dr. Tim's one and only this time and am using the ammonia to see how it works for cycling. The Mp10 is working out good for flow especially with the starboard bottom, no sand is nice!

image_zpsxsvgizee.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Thank you for the kind words, I am enjoying having this tank at work. 

I don't dose anything, just weekly water changes with Red Sea coral Pro. 

The Starboard doesn't float, I actually left a small gap on the corner so I can lift it though to vacuum under it if it becomes an issue, so far so good.