Ninjabeaver

Possible pinched mantle?

Usually my clam is wide open all day...not sure what is going on...I have had it for over a year now. It moved itself where it is currently at.

It the mantle looks extended but the shell itself isn't open all the way where I can see the inlet and exit areas.

2cec2eaf9be4099b521d96a3bf599474.jpg today

b9e242fe9df9ffa42ffffd882c9d0225.jpgyesterday

a5e598cf01bff0847ff38aab84e17124.jpg

Well looking more closed today...looked last night with flashlight and didn't see any sign of snails.

So today taking gfo offline and changing carbon

No new additions to the tank? Checked for pyramid snails?

Freshwater dip in warm rodi water is a good option to consider

No new additions...looked for snails last night didn't see any on scutes...if I don't see improvement from taking down gfo and carbon change then I will do full inspection and fresh water dip.

Also that area has grown to be kind of shady Perhaps it needs to move to a better location I haven't moved it yet because it usually moves itself on its own

Ok did carbon change and pulled gfo out.

Today I pulled clam for freshwater dip. No signs of parasitic snails...cleaned scutes with brush and saw nothing. Placed back in tank in a different spot and here it is about an hour later.

6474685602e761499bdb9166770f7d2b.jpg

Certainly looks like progress from previous photo. With everything you just tried, I would let him sit and see how he looks after a day or two.

Hoping for the best. Fresh dips can take a toll on clams. You'll know within a day or so if it survived the process. I had to dip three clams that I purchased from a member that ended up with PM. Only the smallest (about 2") perished.

He's still hanging in there...closed isn't as bad as gaping open.

Didn't you just clean your sump recently? Just guessing...clams like a little nitrates...

He's still hanging in there...closed isn't as bad as gaping open.

Didn't you just clean your sump recently? Just guessing...clams like a little nitrates...

ALso had starting running GFO again....I am kinda guessing it was that, and now I have stressed it more...and I am moving the tank this weekend.

So today it was looking great...now to move tank tomorrow to the new tank at new house

Congratulations on the clam looking better and an even bigger congratulations on the new house. Sorry if I missed it, but where are you headed?

Geez I'm not gonna post again! :(. I was thinking once a saw a clam was going downhill I have never seen one make it through . Sorry to hear that.