valentini puffer acting strange

neffs1ndonly

Hello I got my valentini a week ago and she's been very active and playful with us. The past couple of days she acting kinda shy hiding behind the rocks and not eating out in the open. Well shes now sleeping on a rock in the front of the tank. Her normal spot is up by the drain or the corners or the tank up higH..

anyway is this normal or should I be worried. Tis

No we havent added any new fish sincw her and the clown fish all from the same tank. Now that the lights are out she's picking at the snails and out and about. I do have damsels, all my fish are the same size. I haven't noticed any of fish picking on her. Tried to feed her again this afternoon and still not feeding like normal.

No we havent added any new fish sincw her and the clown fish all from the same tank. Now that the lights are out she's picking at the snails and out and about. I do have damsels, all my fish are the same size. I haven't noticed any of fish picking on her. Tried to feed her again this afternoon and still not feeding like normal.

Damsels can be aggressive. You may not see them picking on her. A lot of times the fish learn quickly to stay out of the way. I had s mystery wrasse that would always hang in the back and I realized why one day when it came to the front the melanarus would go after her. I bet that's the case. Have u tried feeding her when the lights are out when the other fish are away?