Sign in to follow this  
sgabyss

Name is Seth, Starting a 50G paludarium reef

what a paludarium you say? well it is a two stage terrarium containing a dry planted area typically above an aquautic area. I have it built and running fresh water now, but think its finally time to take on the challage of converting to salt.... yes, :) there are many challenges involved here :). I hope to attend some PNWMAS gatherings in the near future, and continue my vlog about my progress.

see you round, and feel free to ask questions.

Seth

Ha ha! The first thing I said when I read your thread was what the hell is a paludarium? !! Do you have pictures? I have never heard of such a thing but sounds like quite the challenge!

Welcome to the forum Seth.  That is awesome! I have set up a few freshwater palaudariums, along with some brackish ones to include mudskippers.

Are there any pics of your's, as it was previously set up, that you can post to share with us?  Are you considering live mangroves?

Using dry base rock, then seeding with live established rock may be most cost-effective. Are you thinking of having trickle-down pools, a mound, or a rock wall?

Good sleuthing, John  :applause:

I subscribed as well, looking forward to watching the SW version take shape. Cool stuff.