Official Entry Thread for TECO Zoa\Paly Grow Out Competition 2015

System

12g JBJ AIO nano

IM Spin Stream on Rio600 pump

1st chamber: inTank media basket with Filter Floss, Chemi-pure Elite & Purigen

2nd chamber:  Heater and LR

3rd chamber: Return pump

ReefStar Alpha Series Nano light fixture approx 18" off of tank 15hr ramp up/down cycle

each frag placed at front corners of tank

forgot to add feeding... schedule

3-4 day fish food mix (brine shrimp, CnC fish food)

weekly cora-vite, vitamin C, oyster feast

8 heads on the Zsssss

ztop.jpgzfront.jpg

zpan.jpg

3 head on the Pzzzz

ptop.jpgpside.jpgpfront.jpg

ppan.jpg

Tank:

110g  Frag tank plugged into a 240g display 60g fuge/sump w/ carbon/phosphate/calcium reactors and skimmer

Lighting:

ReefStar Alpha Series S200 x 2 

Since i can't edit, add in.....my flow is from a mp-40, and a wp25.....Low

feeding: oyster feast every couple of days(ish)  weekly cora-vite, iodine, chopped up fish food dumped in the water...  

Placement: middle of the frag racks/tank

Zoa - 7 heads

zsidel.jpgzsider.jpg

zfront.jpg

Playa - 3 heads

ptop.jpg

pfront.jpg

Today is the Day, Last Day to be precise, for the April entry deadline. Once tomorrow rolls around there will be no more excepted and those who have failed to "Report" will b e disqualified form the contest, prizes, and bragging rights.

There are only 5 people who have yet to post theirs in the thread so this is actually looking rather good. It also seem that there are some great camera men\women here, keep up the good work everyone.

Sliding in here like Indiana Jones with the door closing!

B634B405-A95C-4901-A08C-C4985696BE47_zps

My setup is a 93g rimless cube, with 2x ORs026 lights over it. Flow in the display is 2x Jebao RW15's, running a little under half speed on 'pulse' mode. I feed Rods about 3 times a week, flake most days, pellet roughly 2 times per week, no target feeding plans as of right now. The display is plumbed into the garage where I have a 40g breeder frag tank, sump with a Vertex 180i skimmer (and neck cleaner, woot). I run a calcium reactor and do not dose anything else on a regular basis. Lights are on 8 hours. These will be placed on the sand bed at the bottom of the tank. 

Here are the frags, both a little angry as I got back from a work trip and mr wrasse decided to flip them over. Punk. 

Zoa has 8 heads, paly has 3. 

6468EBC8-0B7E-462A-9D71-FA517EEEDB9A_zps

303F9150-3654-4401-9B14-AC3A7059BC2E_zps

2108B832-B87B-4C5D-9916-F9B392CCEF1B_zps

A78C3977-BBF9-4C9B-8AD9-50BE685D5EC0_zps

• Like 2

Today is the Day, Last Day to be precise, for the April entry deadline. Once tomorrow rolls around there will be no more excepted and those who have failed to "Report" will b e disqualified form the contest, prizes, and bragging rights.

There are only 5 people who have yet to post theirs in the thread so this is actually looking rather good. It also seem that there are some great camera men\women here, keep up the good work everyone.

I returned from vacation and all of my polyps from this are gone. Seems someone/something got hungry... 

I'm out  :doh:

I returned from vacation and all of my polyps from this are gone. Seems someone/something got hungry... 

I'm out  :doh:

AWW Man, I am sorry to hear that. I can imagine you were pretty unhappy about that. I hope your other zoas are OK. 

Zoa ZOA Zoa zoa Zoa ZOA Zoa zoa Zoa ZOA Zoa 
My growout paly has grown a new baby poylp
The race is on, see you at the finish line

Not moving it is the best thing to do
Super glue it down and light it up
Keep it fed but keep it clean

Dont let it get trampled 
Treat the Zoa well

and it will grow

fast colorful

and many

Wish u

Luck

Zoa

• Like 2

If you got a sweet hitchhiker morph like the Clark did I would not be surprised. These rocks came directly from Jodi and he got them from a transhipment so they have had very few hands on them. If you indeed have an other type of Paly I would love to get in line for a trade after the contest is over.

So I assumed yesterday I had no new growth... didn't look like it at a glance.. didn't pay real close attention because iv been dealing with this skimmer issue... but I checked them out real close today and have 3 new heads on the zoa and 1 new on the paly..

• Like 2