Official Entry Thread for TECO Zoa\Paly Grow Out Competition 2015

Looks like some good news, some bad news, I know mine are still trucking along so that is good news in my book. This thing is almost over so lets see some pics and polyp counts, I know there are still some contenders out there and we gotta wrap it up, see who wins the prize.

Surprisingly mine lived through the tank crash.  

On a more exciting note...

Before the crash they were showing some pretty nice morphing action and now that they are doing well it shows up great.  They turned bright orange red in the center!

Will try to posts pics tomorrow and get head counts.  

Surprisingly mine lived through the tank crash.  

On a more exciting note...

Before the crash they were showing some pretty nice morphing action and now that they are doing well it shows up great.  They turned bright orange red in the center!

Will try to posts pics tomorrow and get head counts.  

I can't wait to see em, post em up here when you can and maybe some after thoughts about the subject.

Well, this is it, this is my last entry. The deadline is tomorrow but I will be busy busy so here it is.

DSCF3371_zpso8si2kp7.jpg

Palys at 3, it is almost like one of the heads that was forming went away? These are certainly one finicky polyp.

DSCF3369_zpsq0bkrzrp.jpg

And the zoas have certainly grown but not as much as some of the other contestants. Mine are about 36 polyps with a couple little baby polyps popping out.

• Like 1

looks like I got my butt kicked in the zoa department, I must have ordered a different steroid by mistake. Palys however may be doing alright, fingers crossed! Final count, zoas 19, palys 7. 

14F20677-D196-4983-BA3D-C9387CB562E5_zps

E0DA3946-101F-469D-8D3F-C68CF5FA12B0_zps

44977BC5-FDA7-4BC3-8DE8-5CBECDAE5CD5_zps

9EE913C5-7111-42BA-8EED-2F4B1ECDA6F0_zps

EA672ADC-2207-481F-8E44-63E1DAA3590D_zps

608D1E9E-00BB-49BB-9B2D-88CEEB451515_zps

D087989F-7C08-4F65-A4BE-949DB9F298D1_zps

I'll up-voat these as the best looking palys I've seen.. They kinda morph color from green to orange and red in different lightings..

I wonder, could everyone with different colored palys please explain what you have done in terms of water conditions.

How often water changes?

Lighting requirements?

Supplements?

• Like 2

I can't wait to see em, post em up here when you can and maybe some after thoughts about the subject.

Well done everyone

I managed to keep 13 alive

Too bad there's not a prize for the favorite morph, I might have a chance at something!

Check these ones out... I can honestly say they are much brighter red/orange in person, could not capture it.

9f103d60c1045daf8d402298a13d7be4.jpg

Moved em around for an iPhone pic, closer to how bright they are.  Just glowing bright, one of my new favs!

33d580e95ee7903cf768d7896b78bd37.jpg

• Like 4

Yeah buddy, I thought for sure Spilo had this one but it looks like Kireek has over 48 polyps I can count wich is a bit more than smann, spilo, and myself. lets give it a little bit longer to see if any one else has some juiced up zoa entrees.

Those bright Orange centers are awesome Clark! Grow out morphs in a different system!

Like sasquatch said it would be nice to actually pinpoint the conditions to get desirable morphs although I really like the original star variety, never hurts to have another though.

And Kireek, didn't you ask what we had that made our zoas grow? I ask you what you did to get such a rampant growth?

Give us the secret.

• Like 2

Yeah buddy, I thought for sure Spilo had this one but it looks like Kireek has over 48 polyps I can count wich is a bit more than smann, spilo, and myself. lets give it a little bit longer to see if any one else has some juiced up zoa entrees.

Those bright Orange centers are awesome Clark! Grow out morphs in a different system!

Like sasquatch said it would be nice to actually pinpoint the conditions to get desirable morphs although I really like the original star variety, never hurts to have another though.

And Kireek, didn't you ask what we had that made our zoas grow? I ask you what you did to get such a rampant growth?

Give us the secret.

[language filter]! those guys are definitely Killing it lol 

Good job guys and fun contest thanks again for putting this on

Steve

• Like 1