badxgillen

Official Entry Thread for TECO Zoa\Paly Grow Out Competition 2015

What are you guys spiking your tanks with miracle grow? I have one little baby skirt showing, maybe, other than that they are still settling in

Same here. I think. Some amazing growth by several of you in what seems like a week!

Dunno I know my tank is dirtier than normal... been skimmerless 4 or 5 days now

• Like 1

I stock heavy and I feed heavy lol. Im a firm believer that fish poo makes corals grow. :)

• Like 4

Ok this is going to sound silly but I've noticed 12 polyps including the tiny baby nub (not sure that counts yet lol)

Think I'm at 12 now too.. these are growing like weeds gunna be a packed full frag plug before this is over

• Like 1

My frag is up to 11 with most of those being baby polyps! Their growth exploded over the last two weeks :D

I am down to 2 of the original 3 palys, time to start dipping, not sure what is going on.

Good news on the zoas, up to 7 heads now, finally got a baby.

Blues are on but here is a shot:

29118f179e8c3967d1630810b9584145.jpg

Edited by theclark

Well good to hear that there is some nice competition in this contest, but it is terrible to hear you have lost your Palys FishManMike. 

If you come through Corvallis I can hook you up with some consolation palys but they would not be the same ones.

Well good to hear that there is some nice competition in this contest, but it is terrible to hear you have lost your Palys FishManMike.

If you come through Corvallis I can hook you up with some consolation palys but they would not be the same ones.

Eehhh. It's all good. Never seen palys refuse to stay put like these ones, it's what you get with rogue plays I suppose. At least I have something still in the games.

New polyps are starting to pop out fast... It looks like I'm in this thing!

Two new polyps!!!! In the lead I think now!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just took them out of the water to look and saw 2 more small babys! new total is 14 polyps lets go!!!!!!

Found another stray polyp in the filter sock again. Is it the paly?!? Guess I'll have to wait and see. Either way at this rate I'm not growing [language filter]!

Haha. Gotta love censorship. Viva Merica!!

Edited by fishmanmike01

If it makes you feel any better my palys have not grown any new polyps, I think they are not as accustomed to the high flow and possibly the light.

• Like 1

Low flow and blue lights.. But my Zoas havnt grown that many new ones, still stunted on some sides.. I think it's a leading edge matte polyps which grow first then the middle ones start when they feel like it

• Like 1

Well folks , this is your reminder that the next posting deadline is the 20th. Lets get some more photos of those polyps and head counts to go with em. I trust there are a number of new zoa heads as they seem to be moderate growers, unfortunately my palys seem to be stuck with no new heads.

• Like 1

Here we go, official first update:

Paly originally had 2+ a baby. Baby was reabsorbed, and now there are 2 new polyps, for a total of 4.

013_zps8v6ckvad.jpg

Zoa originally had eight, now up to 14!

014_zpsiq9zxx1n.jpg

015_zpskgxn7exw.jpg

[smacktalk] Unfortunately, I won't be able to pick up my prizes at the next meeting, but I'll be happy to swing by and accept them some other time;)[/smacktalk]

• Like 1

You guys are messing with my head. I'm not worried...I talked to a VERY reliable source today and he told me exactly what I need to do to grow those zoas. Be afraid. Be very, very afraid.

For this month, still at 2 palys, and I've gone from 7 to 9 zoas.8dbe588014a72b8e1d723cd525fd1425.jpg480cecb67773997326d9b0562a71ede2.jpg

• Like 2

I believe that my zoas are up to 11 heads +1 baby now! That's a total of 6 new heads I believe! 65a64eba5696a40d62c044485eaeb752.jpgd7ad6b7716f36017337c33dbc988e4f3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holding at 12, ignore the cyano please :)516f048efb2490f83cf3656bad7c1067.jpg

Edited by kev311

You Guys! Do I have any hope!?

Mine started to grow some but not like these. I will take a look later tonight when I do tank maintenance.

Iv seen mad growth on my zoas but havn't counted lately I'll have to check tonight aswell

OK lets see here, last night I saw only 2 palys still.

DSCF2318_zpsi7c4udma.jpg

I feel that mine are more of a greyish color instead of the oranges I see, I am presuming that it was one of the odd balls wich is fine by me, I still want some of those greens that a couple of you got.

DSCF2317_zpsfrbur4wp.jpg

Oh wait , look at that, a baby forming. That could be seen as 2.5 Palys now!

And for the zoas.

DSCF2316_zpssz0pn4qh.jpg

They are starting to finally grow for me, in all directions.

DSCF2315_zps8rtfi6q5.jpg

This side had nothing going on but a fresh cut when I first started the comp now there is several new polyps instead. Making mine 13