It's that time again 12x12x12 Rimless

PowderBlue

It's been a while since I've updated so here goes.

I ran into an issue with some corals, lost an sps frag, and others seem pretty pissed. Nitrate nitrites, ammonia were 0

So I was baffled. Narrowed ir down to phosphates. They were .60... OUCH! What's odd is I didn't have any algae growth.

This lead to an upgrade of course haha.

Thanks to Matty I got the innovative marine minimax reactor! I also upgraded my light to the AI Prime d7607ac75a34023e7814dff667f8f202.jpg

I tested the phosphates today with the Hannah phosphate tester that I also scored from Matty, turned up as 2892d3854f15c5bb5a57d151b3c9a9e5.jpg

I will test again in 5 days since I'm now running the gfo in the new reactor.

Here is a fts corals are a little pissed from working the reactor into the mix 77ca48f2e9cb2f681265cf9142cc4001.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

c24d7cb4473ff3d7e6e1fe8cd03e1bd5.jpg

New addition. It seems to have found a good spot and hasn't moved at all over night. It's in the back of the rock but on a side I can see so I'm totally cool with that! Won't be near any coral and I wouldn't mount anything where it's at either.

Thanks! I'd love it if my clown found it and figures out how it works haha. The last one got chopped up in the filter on my old tank :( I think this guy will be good!

I would like to have a anemone but since I'm starting to add more sps, I just don't want to deal with them migrating around the tank. I do have the vortech covered now with mesh due to the eel so less fear of it getting shredded. 

• 2 weeks later...

1a47c4b082ff45348976f09b2e9222ad.jpg new addition, hoping it pairs with the nem so there isn't much conflict with my other clown. Ella named it blaze, which I thought was pretty fitting!

Also I got rid of the sps. It's just too much of a headache in such a small tank and I don't have time everyday to fuss with it.

20be53e740520ceb539ad453d076ec64.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

That's awesome. I would like to get an anemone as I think the clownfish would host them. I may end up getting one just yet! :) Just don't like that they roam around !

Your candy canes are looking good too!

Mine planted and hasn't moved once. I got lucky so far! I say you should get one!!

Thanks, my corals seem much happier now that I've figured out I can't go any longer than a week without changing the water. I knocked it down to 2 gallons a week. Seems to help a lot!

Mine planted and hasn't moved once. I got lucky so far! I say you should get one!!

Thanks, my corals seem much happier now that I've figured out I can't go any longer than a week without changing the water. I knocked it down to 2 gallons a week. Seems to help a lot!

That's great! I still go back and forth about getting one. Especially now that I have sps. ????

• 3 weeks later...