It's that time again 12x12x12 Rimless

PowderBlue

Looking good! That light looks pretty low, maybe a bit higher will help with the shadows. If your out in Vancouver hit me up for some new tank warming frags lol

I think you're right. I need to build a little acrylic raiser for it. I messed with it some more and my corals seems pretty pissed off with it being so close. I'm going to grab a piece of acrylic from tap and make a mount to raise it up a bit. I tossed my other light back on it and within 10 minutes my trumpet was plumbed back up and zoos were staying open.

• 1 month later...

02a8d58628ebd4703fefd4ac1735037b.jpg

Little tank update

Everything is doing great. Aside from one of my clowns going carpet surfing :-(

With the ATO everything is very simple and I enjoy that part! Ella and I stopped into Upscales today and came home with a new green bubble tip, cleaner shrimp, a pistol shrimp and goby pair! (Both currently in hiding) and an awesome purple plate coral!

Looking good Randall! Hmmm kitchen counter huh? Who is the tank for you or your daughter?????Great growth on those magicians! I may have to get a nem I just don't want it to move on me. If yours splits keep me in mind!???? Should I take bets how long it takes you to upgrade? I'm loving my all in one 20! The 10 gallons are nice too!

cd98bf77bbac9658f0fa93415013beb7.jpg

69ad75f592550e76ef718f7073392afd.jpg

For what it's worth, I make these covers for my powerheads to keep the nems safe (and to keep my tank from getting fouled by their guts). All it takes are a gutter guard, plastic needlepoint canvas, and zip ties. I've tried a lot of other wraps and they either restrict water flow, get clogged, or the clever nem gets in anyway. The white one is an "early prototype" that didn't fit really well. I use it in a frag tank so I don't care so much.

Edited by Gil&Fin
  • Like 1

cd98bf77bbac9658f0fa93415013beb7.jpg

69ad75f592550e76ef718f7073392afd.jpg

For what it's worth, I make these covers for my powerheads to keep the nems safe (and to keep my tank from getting fouled by their guts). All it takes are a gutter guard, plastic needlepoint canvas, and zip ties. I've tried a lot of other wraps and they either restrict water flow, get clogged, or the clever nem gets in anyway.

I used to do those as well but it drives me batty how they look. I turn my powered off for the initial introduction and wait for the nem to plant it's foot, then turn it back on. Mine was planted and stayed for 2 days and one night decided to move. I think it was my pistol shrimp poking at him

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...