TECO Zoa\Paly Grow Out 2015

Alright folks I am going to have to cut off the entrees temporarily until I receive the rocks themselves and then get them all fragged up. I don't want any disappointed people wanting in and then there is insufficient polyps. I will let every one know once I can get a better assessment of the coral counts.  Thank you all for your patience.

He will probably make a list of people who asked.. or have an official sign up and first pay first serve.. 

we need to figure out how many frags can be made.. probably 3p of the Star Spangled zoas, and 2p of the Rusty Daises.. or 2 and 1 depending on the amount of people

I put my trust in BadXGillen to make a good frag, he runs pretty much a coral museum .  but are you sure that cost will cover glue and frag discs? I suspect both corals on the same disc for photo purposes, but 2 would make more sense in the long run for them both surviving. Maybe someone can make up some thin wider tongue shaped discs (______) for the club? 

Yes I have been going over this yesterday and need to iron a couple things out.

First off I have a list of people that wanted in and a small list of maybes, When I closed off the entrees we were already at 36 possibly contestants!!! Being so many I am giving the Paid PNWMAS Members first priority in participation in case I cannot fill the wanted frag count but I will do my best to accommodate, I have cut a coral or two in my day.

As far as the glue I hope no one has an objection to the BRS glue?...Good because that is what I have a ton of.

Now about those plugs, I am going to go with tiles not only because of cost but I can also accommodate more corals on the floor of the tank vs racks being so many. I went with Rounds and Squares for the mounts, this will also allow for maximum growth before spill off onto adjacent rockwork.

Oh and thank you all for the compliments, after taking this on I pondered how some of the other members would go about taking the Thread\Forum responsibility, doing the foot work, getting the corals\frag plugs\cash together, housing the 70+ frags, and then finding a possible distribution point...Then I remembered Jesse, it was really great of him to do some of the other grow out comps, it can be a bit of work. If your reading this, Thanks again Noob,

• Like 1

I appreciate all of the time and hard work you are putting into this.  I am on spring break (teacher) and would be

willing to help if there is a spot where a person could help.  Maybe I could learn a bit about fragging.

Well thank you very much for the offer but I think I will be able to handle it, I moved a bunch of corals in my tank in anticipation of so many frags, maybe you could help with the distribution depending on where you are at and or work.And You are always welcome to stop by and get a quick fraggiing recap if you ever need one, I don't mind sharing cutting techniques.

Now about those zoas...

DSCF1646_zpstlpslssa.jpg

Here they are acclimating earlier and as you can see there are certainly enough of the smaller red and blue zoas for every one but the larger palys are going to be cutting it pretty close. There are not as many and the rock is going to be harder to frag wich leads to possible damaged polyps. Bear with me.

Here they are in the tank opening up.

DSCF1708_zpsr4ikuevi.jpg

Yes I have been going over this yesterday and need to iron a couple things out.

First off I have a list of people that wanted in and a small list of maybes, When I closed off the entrees we were already at 36 possibly contestants!!! Being so many I am giving the Paid PNWMAS Members first priority in participation in case I cannot fill the wanted frag count but I will do my best to accommodate, I have cut a coral or two in my day.

As far as the glue I hope no one has an objection to the BRS glue?...Good because that is what I have a ton of.

Now about those plugs, I am going to go with tiles not only because of cost but I can also accommodate more corals on the floor of the tank vs racks being so many. I went with Rounds and Squares for the mounts, this will also allow for maximum growth before spill off onto adjacent rockwork.

Oh and thank you all for the compliments, after taking this on I pondered how some of the other members would go about taking the Thread\Forum responsibility, doing the foot work, getting the corals\frag plugs\cash together, housing the 70+ frags, and then finding a possible distribution point...Then I remembered Jesse, it was really great of him to do some of the other grow out comps, it can be a bit of work. If your reading this, Thanks again Noob,

Thanks. I've run many comps and most were fun. Most don't realize all of the pms and questions you get from them. I was supposed to collect extra frags for myself from the vendors on many of them but never did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes , that would be great if we could get a bunch of these closer to the folks who are participating, maybe I could persuade some one in Salem to hold some for the folks who live in that area Garret has always been kind about that sort of thing. 

Who do we have that needs the zoas closer to Salem?

Who would be fine picking them up at the Meeting this Weekend? I am going to find some time in the evening here to get to work.

Let me get the list I have currently up...

1. Badxgillen,

2. Matty,

3.Mr. Bret,

4. Caolewil ?

5. BlueZreef,

6. Jadams,

7. Blackice,

8. Softy,

9. SeanS,

10. Clark,

11. Reefbandit,

12. LC Scott ??,

13. Fishmanmike,

14. Jackthereefer,

15. Hozer21,

16. Spilo,

17. Vanz,

18. Pledosphy,

19. Flashyfins,

20. Byciclebil,

23. Cor4eyh,

25. Ssapington,

26. Mitrilion,

27. Gil&fin,

28. Cerk1985,

29. Itskris,

30. Sroberts,

31. New2saltwater,

32. Paratore,

33. Momo3419,

34. Kev311,

35. Kireek,

36. Fishoutawater,

37. Smann.

It is looking like there will not be not be enough frags for the number of people wanting to participate seeing as I tried to do 2 polyps a frag of the palys there came out to be only 30, there are plenty of red"patriot" star zoas for the whole group. so I am asking every one who waned in  initially to verify they still want in and then we can go from there.