April Speaking Event: Bob Fenner - A New Collecting Station in Fiji, and the Corals, Invertebrates, and Fish of the Region.

JManrow

Sounds great; do you know any of the names so I can plan ahead of time?

You will be very close to Upscales which is in Tualatin. Also Cuttlefish and Corals is on the way and that is in NE Portland. Those are the two I frequent the most. If your up for adding an hour to the drive, then The Premium Aquarium is also good in Salem

With all this grow out comp distracting me I forgot to start a thread for some trades, what were you looking for Zwick?,..Any one else want to snag a frag for the meeting. I will be getting into my tank tomorrow for some cuts.

Edited by badxgillen

Yes, great event and lots of fun seeing everyone again and meeting some new people! The raffle is always a blast! I think we should simply make that a monthly event, even if we just get club members to do a presentation on their own system. Real human interaction is so much more fun, plus free stuff and trading frags with friends is awesome! Kind of like a Rotary Club of reef geeks giving speeches about their aquariums! I think I might be on to something here...

• Like 7

I'm a bit bummed, I tried and failed to make it early enough to say hi to anyone, and had to jet as soon as I got the grow out frags. I would have loved to have stayed for the remainder of the event, but it just wasn't in the cards.

Nice to see old friends and some new ones!  Bob's presentation was great (and surprisingly funny), and who doesn't love a raffle with nice prizes? Thanks to all the sponsors who donated!  Maybe someone will post a list?  They definitely deserve some love.

Thanks to the turnout, I found out Mitrillion's mom is someone I already know.  It's actually the second time someone from the club has turned out to be connected to another person in my life, outside of reefing, and I'm not even from here. Small world here in the NW!

• Like 2

Nice to see old friends and some new ones! Bob's presentation was great (and surprisingly funny), and who doesn't love a raffle with nice prizes? Thanks to all the sponsors who donated! Maybe someone will post a list? They definitely deserve some love.

Thanks to the turnout, I found out Mitrillion's mom is someone I already know. It's actually the second time someone from the club has turned out to be connected to another person in my life, outside of reefing, and I'm not even from here. Small world here in the NW!

ik who loves a raffle john! So so lucky! Nice to see everyone and it's cool my mom knows you flashy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk