April Speaking Event: Bob Fenner - A New Collecting Station in Fiji, and the Corals, Invertebrates, and Fish of the Region.

JManrow

Bob Fenner – A Presentation on New Collecting Station in Fiji, and the Corals, Invertebrates, and Fish of the Region.

Discussed will be the various aspects of the collection and distribution of the marine life kept in your home aquarium. This should help in our understanding of the many steps involved in the trade and hobby. Our Guest Speaker for April 12th, 2015 Event will be Bob Fenner, a much-in-demand speaker at MACNA,  IMAC Conferences, Trade Shows, and Marine Aquarium Societies! No Admission Charge!  1%20BobF_zpsltngera8.jpg 2%20BobF%20dive_zpslw1z7h1l.jpg          3%20C%20A_zps0qgvsmez.jpg       4%20reef%20inverts_zps8wdbxebw.jpg       [/url]    

5%20Bk%201_zpstfdiaxyb.jpg6%20Bk%202_zpsngofnqfh.jpg 7%20Bk%203_zps3ranygjx.jpg

This Event will be Sunday, April 12, 2015 from 12:00 Noon to 3:00 PM at the Tualatin Hills Nature Park & Interpretive Center "Beaver Den Room". Don’t miss the great opportunity! Be sure to bring all your questions with you! (...and frags for the swap) The Center is located at 15655 SW Millikan Way - Beaverton, OR 97006
http://www.thprd.org...repark/home.cfm   * Map http://www.thprd.org...r&ftype=Special 
- There will be a raffle after the presentation, and then we will have a coral frag swap. Bring your coral frags for trading! The presentation will begin at 12:00 Noon sharp, so show up early and enjoy the 222-acre wildlife preserve and Nature Center before the presentation begins! Walking the trails would make an awesome Sunday morning.

Robert (Bob) Fenner has "lived" the science, hobby and business of aquatics in the Philippines, Japan and United States. He has worked with all phases, as collector, wholesale, jobber, retail, design, construction and maintenance. This includes all levels… manager, owner, hatchery worker, retail clerk, and technician. After teaching high school sciences for four years, he has worked all his life in the field of ornamental aquatics. Academic experience includes 15 years of college, a couple of life science degrees and a teaching credential for chemistry, physics and biology. His published works include several studies on aquatic biological and chemical questions, and an extensive publishing and photographic background in the industry and hobby of aquatics. Bob has been an avid aquatic hobbyist since day one and is active in hobbyist and scientific organizations. He has served on numerous Boards, judged shows and given many programs. He has had several articles published in Tropical Fish Hobbyist, Reef and Coral USA, and Freshwater and Marine Aquarium magazine. He has also authored and co-authored many books, such as The Conscientious Marine Aquarist, A Fishwatcher's Guide to the Tropical Marine Aquarium Fishes , and Natural Marine Aquariums Reef Invertebrates. http://www.wetwebmedia.com/faqstobeplaced.htm
Also published are his several hundred articles on hobby, business, and science of ornamental aquatics and diving topics. These also include many periodicals in several languages. Bob is also well known as an online aquatic consultant at the forum www.WetWebMedia.com Being retired keeps him very busy touring World-Wide. He has been a Scuba Diver for thirty years, and recently helped set up a Collecting Station in Fiji. This event is presented through the Pacific Northwest Marine Aquarium Society. http://www.pnwmas.org/

Edited by pledosophy
Address Correction
  • Like 2

Just want to make a special announcement about the after-presentation activities:

All members are encouraged to bring some frags to swap.  This is always pretty fun during meetings and we missed out on it at the last one. (At least theClark came through with some complimentary raffle prizes).  Reach out to people, advertise what you're bringing/looking for, and don't forget the coolers. 

We will also be having some fun raffle prizes.  Gift certificates for coral, supplements, and local stores will abound!!  That means you better bring some cash.  And by some I mean A LOT. :cool: :cool: :cool:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Can nonmembers bring frags to swap, also are there certain frags i should bring if so how many and where do we put our frags? Sorry first time going to a event.

If you have frags, it's best to post what you have and arrange some trades ahead of time. Most people bring a small cooler to keep everything in, and a few extra ziplock bags wouldn't hurt (leaky bags happen).

I can bring an extra styrofoam cooler, if anyone needs one.

• Like 1

We would like to get started by 12:30 at the latest.

Yes, Bob will be starting by 1230. Probably around 1225 to make sure we have time for events afterwards. Please do everything you can to arrive early and not interrupt the presentation with a late arrival. Remember, there is much to do at the venue! Show up early!
  • Like 1

This is my first event! I'm super excited and a little nervous. . .LoL

I will be driving down with a friend from Kennewick, WA. If anyone around me wants to car pool down, let me know. Our plan is to leave Kennewick around 6-6:30 that way we can get there early enough to walk around and not have to rush. Looking forward to meeting a ton of people!! 

• Like 1

This is my first event! I'm super excited and a little nervous. . .LoL

I will be driving down with a friend from Kennewick, WA. If anyone around me wants to car pool down, let me know. Our plan is to leave Kennewick around 6-6:30 that way we can get there early enough to walk around and not have to rush. Looking forward to meeting a ton of people!! 

I'll look forward to meeting you as well! Always fun to meet new people.

I'd leave some time after to stop at some of the shops in the area too... 

I'll look forward to meeting you as well! Always fun to meet new people.

I'd leave some time after to stop at some of the shops in the area too... 

Sounds great; do you know any of the names so I can plan ahead of time?