Zoas!?

Mitrillion

I run mine from 8:30 - 11 pm.. mine do fine.. Even at night with 1 royal blue for a moon light the zoas at the top never close.. idk if its good but they are growing new heads

But I do majority of blues.. 30-40 blues and 10 whites.. Some days I give them a break and have only strong blues all day with no white.. they like the blue

My Fruit loops are pretty low and kinda in shade.. and they didnt open for 3-4 days for me.. if they are partially open then its a good sign they are adjusting.. try lower but in direct light and not full shade.. dont let them get buried in sand though.. 

Maybe more light if not much is hitting the frag rack.. But if your other fragged Zoas are doing fine.. Then the best thing to do is leave it.. And blow it off with a pipette every day.. Maybe it will shed its skin, but don't let it build up a brownish stuff.. It will open again or melt in 2 days

Maybe more light if not much is hitting the frag rack.. But if your other fragged Zoas are doing fine.. Then the best thing to do is leave it.. And blow it off with a pipette every day.. Maybe it will shed its skin, but don't let it build up a brownish stuff.. It will open again or melt in 2 days

ok sounds good! Like at max a few will open and then they will close. Is a turky baster work? Not to get off topic but one of my sps got sand on it and I didn't blow it off in time and now I can't get it off. Is this the same as the zoas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sps may absorb and grow over the sand.. just my zoas dont like their matte buried in sand as it may cause it to melt away..

In a normal reef the random surges of flow will help peel off the brown old skin but in a tank you must blast it away.. once it peels away it will be like a snake shedding its skin to be shiny and new. 

If they are opening some, just give them time to open up all the way.. Dont constantly move them so they have to readjust, but maybe do a day or two of all blues with no white and they will start to open more.. mine played that game for more than a week

(And it doesn't hurt to do a water change if its been a while.. and change that filter floss)

Edited by Sasquatch

sps may absorb and grow over the sand.. just my zoas dont like their matte buried in sand as it may cause it to melt away..

In a normal reef the random surges of flow will help peel off the brown old skin but in a tank you must blast it away.. once it peels away it will be like a snake shedding its skin to be shiny and new.

If they are opening some, just give them time to open up all the way.. Dont constantly move them so they have to readjust, but maybe do a day or two of all blues with no white and they will start to open more.. mine played that game for more than a week

(And it doesn't hurt to do a water change if its been a while.. and change that filter floss)

so should I move the ones not going hot to the sand bed or leave where they are at?! I will send a pic of where rack is located at, when i get home

so should I move the ones not going hot to the sand bed or leave where they are at?! I will send a pic of where rack is located at, when i get home

leave them alone if they're peaking open.. as long as your other zoas on the frag rack are not reaching to much to the light it should be fine.. just run all blues if possible to let the zoas adjust more..

its your choice really

leave them alone if they're peaking open.. as long as your other zoas on the frag rack are not reaching to much to the light it should be fine.. just run all blues if possible to let the zoas adjust more..

its your choice really

ok! Will the sps be bothered by the light? Should I lower the light output?