March Meet and Greet at Moloko! Sunday, 3/15/2015 4:00PM

JManrow

We will be having a "Meet & Greet" on Sunday, March 15th at Moloko - 3967 N. Mississippi Portland, OR 97227 at 4:00PM    http://www.molokopdx.com/. Looking at their Menu, they seem to have a nice assortment of Grilled Sandwiches and Plates, along with a an extensive drink list. It will be a good chance to do some coral frag swapping, see their reef tanks, talk about our tanks, and all get to know each other! It is located right down the street from Cuttle Fish and Corals which will be open from 11:00AM to 5:00PM, so show up early and do some fish & coral shopping before the Meet & Greet gets going at 4:00PM.   http://www.cuttlefishandcorals.com/index.php/

Meet & Greets give us all an opportunity to get together when we have events like the SOLVE Beach Cleanup, that will still be happening on March 28th.  We can take this opportunity to talk about some upcoming PNWMAS Events!

This is open to everyone! As Meet & Greets are not regular meetings, and they can be organized by anyone. Start setting up those frag swaps! I should have a good supply of phytoplankton and rotifers going by then... I'll bring along a few bottles starter cultures of each! See you all there!

bar_i3_zps933a806d.jpg

Edited by JManrow
  • Like 4

I hope I can make it, but my health isn't good right now.    Where do you park?  I have never gone to Cuttlefish and Corals and been able to find parking.   

I too just started a nano culture and will be starting rotifers next week. 

Street parking or park on the block behind and walk.  There is plenty of parking on the side streets, just have to know you will walk a little bit.  But if you've been to Cuttlefish you know it's worth the stop. :)

I'm hoping to go, just depends on if my wife can get it off. We have school conferences that week and we are taking that next week off for vacation so not sure if she will be able to get more time off. Gonna try to work the SOLVE clean up into the end of our vacation tho.

Question about the meet and greet tho, if any of us decide to purchase from C&C will there be somewhere to float them during the meet or are we gonna just have to miss the meet? Those of us that live down south (Salem area and below) already have a worry filled drive home. 

I'm hoping to go, just depends on if my wife can get it off. We have school conferences that week and we are taking that next week off for vacation so not sure if she will be able to get more time off. Gonna try to work the SOLVE clean up into the end of our vacation tho.

Question about the meet and greet tho, if any of us decide to purchase from C&C will there be somewhere to float them during the meet or are we gonna just have to miss the meet? Those of us that live down south (Salem area and below) already have a worry filled drive home.

If you bag them with oxygen and keep them in Styrofoam you could last the meeting and ride home.

There is a parking lot across from little big burger. It says no parking but I park there almost every time. Never had a problem. If I can find a spot to park my 3/4 ton 4 door long bed truck within a minute then any one can lol. And floating is not need I bought fish and coral at closing and went to molokos for drinks and then went to a restaurant close by and had food with Jeff and some friends and then went took a one hour drive home and all were fine Fish didn't mind hanging out in my pockets all night!

I'll try to make it, Moloko is a great bar, and I had a great time talking tanks last time.

If anyone coming has some frags of green slimer, rainbow or sunset milli, strawberry shortcake or similar acro, pink birdsnest, or fire and ice zoas, shoot me a pm...

• Like 1

I hope I can make it, but my health isn't good right now.    Where do you park?  I have never gone to Cuttlefish and Corals and been able to find parking.   

I too just started a nano culture and will be starting rotifers next week. 

I park on the side streets for C&C. I figure I can use the 2 block walk. :) I have not been to Moloko, but looking forward to it.

• 2 weeks later...

I am thinking about attending to get some C&C and some Reefer related conversations. Still not too sure on that weekends plans though,hoping it all works out. I can certainly bring some trades if some one was interested and Jmanrow I would love some phyto if you still had some extra floating around.

Edited by badxgillen

I am thinking about attending to get some C&C and some Reefer related conversations. Still not too sure on that weekends plans though,hoping it all works out. I can certainly bring some trades if some one was interested and Jmanrow I would love some phyto if you still had some extra floating around.

I have phyto, rotifers(last I looked lol), and some Tigriopus californicus pods. I have limited Guillard's F/2 Solution, but I have a good affordable source for it!

Edited by JManrow