Matty's 29g Biocube!

matty

Tanks lookin great man! When I had rock leaching phosphate carbon dosing is what did it for me. I've noticed dosing small amounts during the day has a much larger benefit then all at once.

I tried the water change thing in a 50% 2x a week for several months and it didn't work for my leaching rock either. (Was great for my quads though)

Neither did GFO or Purigen.

JME

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Tanks lookin great man! When I had rock leaching phosphate carbon dosing is what did it for me. I've noticed dosing small amounts during the day has a much larger benefit then all at once.

I tried the water change thing in a 50% 2x a week for several months and it didn't work for my leaching rock either. (Was great for my quads though)

Neither did GFO or Purigen.

JME

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did you use?

Looks awesome Matty! Dude my dwarf eel was by far my favorite tank mate I've ever had. He was an amazing creature to watch and ever dodged corals and didn't knock much over. Good job on the tank again!

Yeah I love this guy, he's really starting to come out now. I think this is when I find out if my tank is sealed enough

Here's a crappy cell video of him eating his shrimp.

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x328/mattmclemore/Mobile%20Uploads/th_Video_zps9b860ce0.mp4

• 3 weeks later...

Well I am slowly winning the battle through water changes and GFO although I have a Cyano bloom now but that should be easier to deal with. Everything is alive and well and growing. I have tried unsuccessfully twice to add a mate for my Bangaii but I think he either kills them or doesn't let them eat, is that normal? Hobart the eel is becoming less shy every day and will come out now to check out my daughter, she likes that. 

image_zpskpgydj7o.jpg

image_zpscaka2pdz.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

While I was feeding the tank the other day I decided to take a few top down shots. Corals really do look awesome looking down on them. Everyone is well in the tank with the exception of my cardinals, the larger one died very suddenly, from what I can't tell, everyone else is healthy as a horse. 

image_zpsc3nnoxmi.jpg

image_zpsucliuidd.jpg

image_zpshujsq5co.jpg

Not top down but I liked the crazy polyp extension, I think that means it's happy  :fingerscrossed:

image_zpstzeqrcie.jpg

This is a piece I was given free, it seems to be happy and puffy but I will keep an eye on it. I have it shaded a bit and am feeding it regularly.

image_zps3yuacxtf.jpg

Nice top down shots Matty. Your tank is really coming along nicely. Nice looking setosa! Love the colors of those and the growth pattern. It's always nice to get free Scolies too! The tank does look very different top down. Kenny from Reefstar actually has his tank a little lower so he can look easily from the top which I thought was a great idea!

• Like 1