Upgrade Time!

Arsonmfg

scratch that, i found the bulb combo, anywho lets see some pics!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I'm guessing you were asking about my current bulb combo?

I've just recently switched up the combo a little bit.

front to back

FM Ultra Royal Blue

ATI Purple+

ATI Actinic

FM Ultra Royal Blue

ATI AquaBlue Special

ATI Actinic 

ATI Purple+

FM Ultra Royal Blue

Keep in mind I do also have the few led's on the small strip on the front side.

Edited by Arsonmfg
  • Like 2

Yea i was curious if you ever went with the pacific sun bulbs or not. Im putting a 6 bulb over mine in a week or 2

I never got my hands on any of them, I tried forever to get the one bulb I was mainly interested in which was the Ultra Wide UV but they never have them in stock in the USA and until recently wouldn't ship from Europe to the USA.

I did get an email that said that would be changing soon so hopefully I'll be able to get some to test out.

I've been really happy with the bulbs from Fauna Marin, they just seem to have a little something different that the ATI Blue+ doesn't. I just have to order a bunch every time I do to offset the shipping costs from Europe.

Edited by Arsonmfg

ah dang Europe?! I might go in on an order with you depending on how much they are and shipping cost. I dont want to clog up your thread more than i already have! Thanks for the bulb layout

No worries man, the bulbs really aren't any more than ATI, I'll let you know next time I order some bulbs if you want to jump in.

I think last time I ordered bulbs is was like $80 for shipping but I also had them ship 20 something bulbs so it's not that bad considering they're coming DHL from across the world.

• Like 1

Nice, ill probably go throw some money at Travis for the ATIs for now. Next go around let me know ill see if i can get in on that action

For sure, the ATI bulbs are still really good. I definitely prefer them over the Giesemann bulbs... Eventually the shop will stock a few of the different FM bulbs. Travis is running some of them on the display tank as well. Frank got a couple and so did Mike (who now works at the shop) on the last order I did.

• 2 months later...

Ya some pics would be nice. I was in your neighborhood yesterday and almost did the dreaded unannounced drop bye. Then I came to my senses and relized how rude that would be. But if you don't show some pics on here the unannounced drop bye might be back on the table.

Ya some pics would be nice. I was in your neighborhood yesterday and almost did the dreaded unannounced drop bye. Then I came to my senses and relized how rude that would be. But if you don't show some pics on here the unannounced drop bye might be back on the table.

You still have my number?

You should of called if so, I was home fragging corals and working the tank. 

So here's an update... I recently removed a few colonies that I wasn't in love with anymore to make some room for a few new things. My biggest problem right now is not having any more room to add corals. Eventually we'll get our new house situation figured out so I can double the size of the current footprint with a new tank and have more room and a much larger prop system connected again.

In some more exciting news I was recently asked to have my tank featured in the second volume of a very popular reef book, I'll update everyone with more information as things progress. It's definitely an honor!

Other than that things are on autopilot chugging along. 

DSC_9185_zpsf8hdc2ky.jpg

DSC_9169_zpslfy4qoa6.jpg

DSC_9173_zpsdprks7vy.jpg

DSC_9178_zpsdtakqajs.jpg

DSC_9170_zps7xgfb8qk.jpg

DSC_9166_zpsbkbwil4s.jpg

DSC_9162_zpsnqwpdmqh.jpg

DSC_9171_zpsmxypasyr.jpg

DSC_9163_zpsowsxaeta.jpg

DSC_9157_zpsbq5pj77z.jpg

DSC_9165_zpsplxhtovp.jpg

DSC_9161_zpszt3rkhtf.jpg

DSC_9153_zpsrgnpzbo2.jpg

• Like 3

Sweet setup! Layout looks killer. The green with bright blue tips is my favorite. Any frags coming up in the next few months?

Thank you, I actually just trimmed a few pieces I was going to list for auction on one of the sps Facebook groups this week.

Maybe a little pack for the PNW group? Lol I'm 19 and don't have a Facebook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're interested in buying a pack of corals feel free to shoot me a PM and we can talk a little more about what you're interested in and some prices.

Very nice! Congrats on being featured in a magazine. Which magazine ?

I'm not surprised. It's about time your tank got the national attention it deserves. It truly is one of the nicest ones I have seen and oh so ocd clean too!

It's actually the second volume of a well known book! So it's pretty exciting to say the least.

I'll let everyone know more info about the book as I get some more info and an ok from the author, don't want to let the cat out of the bag quite yet =)

• Like 3