Are you having troubles???

reefnjunkie

Which is what I did. I can now put my blood sweat and tears into a site I can run the way I feel it should be run.

I like participating in the hobby, not lording over it or trying to rule it and dealing with peoples "needs".

Which is it Micah? Do you want to run a site the way you think it should be run?

Or do you just want to participate in the hobby and not lord over it or try to rule it and deal with peoples "needs?"

Which is it Micah? Do you want to run a site the way you think it should be run?

Or do you just want to participate in the hobby and not lord over it or try to rule it and deal with peoples "needs?"

Both? I'm not sure I understand your "question".

This conversation seems to be getting hostile, so I'm going to go ahead and stop. When people start posting pictures of guns, saying they are giving me "career advice", I start going back to that feeling where I want to quit all over again because I don't want to invest time in this sort of vibe. When I posted my "this is the plan" thread prior to my "cut and run" I was confronted with this exact kind of petty childish behavior. So I quit. Are you really blaming me for cutting the bad vibes out of my life?

I'm pretty convinced that there are those of you who can't be happy unless you're messing with somebodies personal life and there's some sort of drama inducing volume exiting your lips.

I'm still here. Never left, probably never will. Always willing to help. I feel for the long term fix, we will need to migrate to IP Board. As a club that is constantly changing, we need a server and service that is rooted and managed. If we are to stay with VPS latch (hostdime), I'm not your guy. You will need someone with Micah's experience to keep the server and security up to date.

• Like 1

Micah, don't you remember telling me that I was a grumpy old man that reminded you of Clint Eastwood telling at people to get off my grass. Gee, get a grip dude. The career advise was politics. Try to keep up. Remember, it just a fish forum, no big deal.

Again, enough discussion for several weeks on and off.

We can't put words in the mouth of current officers and bods.

We just need to encourage them to discuss and make decision in a timely manner (matter of days)

This club / site can't afford another week/s of dilemma not moving forward.

Officers and bods need to reach out to whoever left here with admin capabilities to come up with solutions.

Fixing the site has become a #1 immediate goal for the club.

There is also another issue with too many officers/bods turn around.

But this is not and issue, IMO, because come election time when you all exercise your right to vote this issue will automatically taken care off.

I'm gonna go ahead and close this one down now since it seems to be cascading down hill.

If anyone would like to read the precursor that has some more information about the plan being put in place, you can find it here

http://www.pnwmas.org/forum/main-category/out-of-bounds/563223-is-there-anything-in-the-pipeline

Micah, I realize that the several members of the club pushed you out. I think it is a very kind offer for you to make to want to help the forum. It shows great character IMO. After the site is migrated I would like to get a team of people online that day to fix all those lovely little problems we know are going to be there. I would really like for you to be on that team. I also should thank you publicly for being so available to answer all of my questions to plan the move.

As someone who has known you for a short while, but who has been there with you through this process I can assure everyone that what seems to be foul play, certainly was not IMO.

Chief,

I'm still here. Never left, probably never will. Always willing to help.

My favorite thing I have read today.

Brad,

can an executive decision be made-Like Obamas amnesty plan

Wouldn't that make my life easy :D . I am one to stick to the rules, (well I try to anyways I don't always succeed) so this needs to clear the BoD and the funds need to get sent by the Treasurer. I can't spend that amount of the clubs money without a vote, and I can't spend club money without the Treasurer. It would be illegal. I know that Officers/BoD members have done it in the past, but that is just not a line I can cross. Working with a BoD is much different than what I am used to in business. Much slower, much more involved. I had no idea. There have been some times where I just wanted to "do it",but fact is, this face is to pretty for prison ;)

Everyone,

Even through everything this forum has been through, it is refreshing to see how passionate everyone remains to keeping the club going. I do want to remind everyone, we are all volunteers. We are putting in as much time as we can. When we have put the word out we are looking for help, if you didn't offer to help, your gonna have to bear with us while the job goes slow. The average person does not know how to migrate a site to another hosting company while setting up a Beta trial/stress test. Most people on this site can not automate a back up and then run a fire drill to make sure the back ups can be reloaded with a new software. How many of us know how to block requests coming from China for new membership? Neither did the volunteers who run this site. Some of the volunteers here are still uncomfortable with the simple mod panel, heck it took us a week to figure out why everyone was seeing the flagged posts, so this is way out of their scope. The same amount of time it would take most people to learn these things, it is now taking members of the board.

We are putting in the work to learn what we need to, to make the educated choices, to get the club where we ALL want it to go. At least we can agree on us all wanting a better working site I hope. The best way to encourage the BoD's and Officers is to appreciate and thank them for the work they are doing. No one wants to volunteer an afternoon of time to log on and find they are not being treated respectfully, being talked down to, being called names, etc ,etc. Let's show some appreciation for the people who are actually doing the work to get this all going.

I am very happy to report that just since I have been out to dinner and back that the BoD has approved a budget for me to use to have the site professionally migrated to the new software and server. I hope to get things on the book on Monday, they generally have a 3-5 day lead time. I am not sure of all of the details yet, but the approval of a budget of what the BoD has given me to step forward is unprecedented in my time in this club. The Officers and BoD take this all very seriously.