Ducks or beavers!!!!!

Blackice

Obviously I'm living in fantasy land. As much as it pains me, I have to acknowledge that the Ducks are a solid program and the chances of an upset are extremely slim. However, I think wehave upset more top ten teams in the last ten years than any other program. I recall reading some stat about that. What's difficult for me is that every one is a Ducks fan, yet rarely do any of these people have any ties to U of O or Eugene. I can understand as Oregonians if you like both teams, that's the understandable expectation. However, I can't seem to understand why the majority of Ducks "fans" are so in favor of that program over Oregon State, yet they have no personally affiliation with the program. It's a straight bandwagon group of people.

My current goal in life is to cheer the Ducks out of any national championship hopes. Yes' date=' I care about getting to a bowl game, but I want to ruin the Ducks dreams. The only thing worse than the Oregon football team is their fans :) :)[/quote']

BOD please delete this post cuz of un sportsmen like conduct!!!!

(Just joking)

I knew that you would be the first to post Andrew. Lol

Obviously I'm living in fantasy land. As much as it pains me' date=' I have to acknowledge that the Ducks are a solid program and the chances of an upset are extremely slim. However, I think wehave upset more top ten teams in the last ten years than any other program. I recall reading some stat about that. What's difficult for me is that every one is a Ducks fan, yet rarely do any of these people have any ties to U of O or Eugene. I can understand as Oregonians if you like both teams, that's the understandable expectation. However, I can't seem to understand why the majority of Ducks "fans" are so in favor of that program over Oregon State, yet they have no personally affiliation with the program. It's a straight bandwagon group of people. [/quote']

It's sad but it's true that Oregon wins more last few years so they get more fans. All a bunch of posers. Me I'm a platypus?

Is that a serious question?

That's exactly what I was going to say. I am a Duck fan. I live in Eugene. As a Duck fan I have always said that regardless of how the Beavs are playing, they are always a threat, especially in the civil war. I respect the program in Corvallis, but I still think the Ducks will win.

And Andrew, I never thought you were such a vindictive fan.

is this post a joke? do people even watch beaver football still? I hate bang wagon jumpers also but this is your home state man and if beavers can't do it at least oregon has a shot representing oregon as a whole. the ducks have put the state on the map in football.

I received my bachelor's and my master's from Oregon State. I will never in my life root for the ducks. Happily rooted for them to lose the Natty before and will root the same way if they make the playoffs. It's not about the state when you spend enough time with a particular school.

If it was about the state, then all of California would cheer on USC, UCLA, Stanford, and California. I assure you they do not.

Obviously I'm living in fantasy land. As much as it pains me' date=' I have to acknowledge that the Ducks are a solid program and the chances of an upset are extremely slim. However, I think wehave upset more top ten teams in the last ten years than any other program. I recall reading some stat about that. What's difficult for me is that every one is a Ducks fan, yet rarely do any of these people have any ties to U of O or Eugene. I can understand as Oregonians if you like both teams, that's the understandable expectation. However, I can't seem to understand why the majority of Ducks "fans" are so in favor of that program over Oregon State, yet they have no personally affiliation with the program. It's a straight bandwagon group of people. [/quote']

What do you and every duck fan have in common?

Neither of you attended school at U of O.

I know the feeling it seems the only people that are beavers fans actually went to school there. The rest of the state is a bunch of band wagon idiots. It's often a bummer for me because. I like to talk sports and most ducks fans don't know their team enough to say anything educated let alone even repeat a recent headline about their team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is this post a joke? do people even watch beaver football still? I hate bang wagon jumpers also but this is your home state man and if beavers can't do it at least oregon has a shot representing oregon as a whole. the ducks have put the state on the map in football.

You do realize Oregon State is the only Oregon school in the last decade to win a national title in a sport correct?

You do realize Oregon State is the only Oregon school in the last decade to win a national title in a sport correct?

Check your facts. Oregon ducks have won 11 NCAA national championships in track and field in the last decade and 24 NCAA national championships since 1939.

Why is a Duck fan a "bandwagon fan" just because they didnt go to school there? My father went to U of O and I have been a duck fan since he took me to my first duck game in 1994. I supported them through all their mediocre seasons and now that they are doing good there is resentment towards them and their fans. I root for the Beavers anytime they are not playing the Ducks because Im an Oregon native. I hope all the Pac-12 teams do well so we dont have to continually hear about how the SEC is the dominant conference.

I am a UO graduate and always look to Oregon to win. Lately my motivation has changed since my oldest daughter moved to Alabama where they speak nothing except Roll Tide. Her new husband and extended family are all over Alabama. I love to send them UO wear and such that fit my granddaughter. I would love to see Oregon and Alabama finally get to play a championship game. I have no idea if Oregon could hang, but it would be a great game to watch and could it ever create some great smack talk! It always seems to me that Alabama has a light schedule. When you see them play they look pretty strong however. I hope this year this game comes to fruition!

Why is a Duck fan a "bandwagon fan" just because they didnt go to school there? .

To bitter beaver fans, all duck fans are bandwagon fans...because the ducks are awesome.

If the ducks weren't awesome, we'd just be duck fans.

Don't get me wrong, not all beaver fans are bitter, in fact I have much respect for sticking by your team to the bitter end and NEVER rooting for the ducks! The last thing they want the ducks to do is put oregon on the map...rrrrrrrespect mon.