quick seal!

Willz

tank is not danger but I need some quick results so I can get my livestock back in the right tank.

My 40g has no silcone on the inside corners. I scraped them out to reseal it but I need to do it quick because everything is in a cramped smaller tank and I'm worried about the bio load as well as the territorial issues that I already had. Any one know of some 24hr or less cure silicone that i can pick up at a local store? home deopt, lowes, walmart etc?

Not the thing you wanna rush. A failed seem can be very very expensive IME. For me it was only 5k or so, on a 65g; my buddy lost 120g over night on the floor and not including his livestock was out 30k. Don't rush the seam. Do a water change on the little tank and give it another day. It's just not worth it. You'd be better to bag the fish over night then rush the seam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the tank didnt have any leaks before, but I didnt like how the seal was looking on the inside so i moved it all to a smaller tank. I was thinkinig if I sealed it all up right now and have it back together by tomorrow night i's be ok as I wont be able to touch the tank for about 4 days after tomorrow

+1 for not rushing silicone curing. I would even give it another day or two after the manufactures recommended time. I'm a little paranoid

It might hold just fine for a year or two and then come undone (scary). Not something I would hope on anyone.

I waited 3 days before putting water back to it' date=' Its been doing awesome since then. Unfortunately for me, my gf wants to upgrade to a larger tank so as soon as we source one, this 40g will be up for sale[/quote']

Fortunately, not unfortunately :) Upgrading is always fun!!