Meano Nemo the Clownfish jumped to his death last night...

XrayGuy

So it looks like I need to order some of that clear mesh from BRS so that I can make a screen for my nano tank as well as one for the cube. I told my 4 year old daughter and she said he probably wanted to die, but its ok because we can just get another one.

So about these screens, I buy the clear mesh from BRS and then at Home Depot or Lowe's I can get screen framing and just cut to size is that right?

I use the eggcrate style light diffuser from HD. Not as clear as the mesh, but fairly easy to cut to size. I also painted mine black since I do not have a canopy and it shows. I even put in a little feed pipe so I could feed the tank without removing the cover. The pip extended far enough down and was over a powerhead so when feeding cubes I just dropped a cube in.

Worked well for me.

Just another option if you need something until you get the clear netting.

So it looks like I need to order some of that clear mesh from BRS so that I can make a screen for my nano tank as well as one for the cube. I told my 4 year old daughter and she said he probably wanted to die, but its ok because we can just get another one.

So about these screens, I buy the clear mesh from BRS and then at Home Depot or Lowe's I can get screen framing and just cut to size is that right?

How big are you making it? I have SOME clear mesh left over

One tip if its not too late. Bird netting from Ace or Wilco is cheap and blocks no light whatsoever. I roll this into a screen just like the BRS stuff. The key is that you want the smaller mesh, not the deer netting but the bird netting.

Pled, the feed pipe is a cool idea!

One tip if its not too late. Bird netting from Ace or Wilco is cheap and blocks no light whatsoever. I roll this into a screen just like the BRS stuff. The key is that you want the smaller mesh, not the deer netting but the bird netting.

Pled, the feed pipe is a cool idea!

I have not yet ordered the netting online, so I will be checking out Ace. I am all about not losing any light. I almost got some of the aluminum netting at HD but then I read that aluminum will corrode. Thank you for the tip!