pledosophy

The PNWMAS is very proud to bring you:

Stu Wobbe

of

Cold Water Marine Aquatics

October 19th 3:00 PM

Lucky Lab in Multnomah Village

YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS!!!

Stu Wobbe is one of the leaders and lives on the forefront of the Cold Water Reefing movement. Recently featured in Coral magazine he is a pioneer in the collection, distribution, and husbandry of these animals. He has paved the way to fill a niche in the market and his work is and will continue to expand our hobby in a new direction. Most of us don't know that much about cold water reefs, and there is no one better to fill us in. Stu will be giving a presentation complete with pictures, that will not only introduce us to several of these animals, but also show how to setup a cold water reef for continued success.

A meeting for such a cool guy needed a cool location and Lucky Lab in Multnomah village has opened it's doors to us. The club will be providing some free pizza and sodas, but the kitchen will be open if you want to order your own.

This is definitely something you don't want to miss.

Stu is a great guy to deal with and I have been impressed at how far he has come in such a short time! Quite the honor to be featured in coral magazine! I'm honestly surprised that there are not more coldwater tanks in this area. This is the perfect area because there are so many good collecting spots along the oregon coast.

There certainly are some cool fish like the lumpsuckers.

I used to think that coldwater tanks didn't have the color of saltwater tanks until I saw Steve Weast's setup. It's too bad he took that down because it was a living work of art!

Looking forward to this (rock2) I love every second that I get when people wanna hear me talk, mostly because my wife is sick and tired of hearing me talk about anemones and octopus (laugh)

I better update my presentation, lol. The last time I gave this was back in April and quite a few new and exciting things have happened since then :D

I'm hoping for at least a few Coldwater coverts after the meeting................so I guess the only question is......................who's chilling with me.

Oh wait I got a better one....................who's gonna catch cold?

Wait, wait, wait..................................Are you cool enough for coldwater?

I could do this for days, but I'll save some for the meeting (laugh)

Hey Stu' date=' you should bring a bunch of bottles of pods. Include how to culture them in your presentation and sell eek after.[/quote']

Definitely! I'd buy a couple of bottles for sure.

Also, for anybody worrying that this is too much of a pub environment, don't. It's an extremely family friendly place and usually more children than adults.

I'm hoping for at least a few Coldwater coverts after the meeting................so I guess the only question is......................who's chilling with me.

Oh wait I got a better one....................who's gonna catch cold?

Wait, wait, wait..................................Are you cool enough for coldwater?

I could do this for days, but I'll save some for the meeting (laugh)

You know when I made the flyers we passed out at the fish stores my original draft had these jokes about you being one Cool dude, and taking the hobby in a cool new direction, and it would be a cool meeting that no one would want to miss. I was told to remove the cheesy jokes by our peanut gallery, and then you post this. . .

I'm not sure why my ideas got the cold shoulder and why everyone can't just chill out and enjoy a cold one (tank) and relax!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol ? I love a good Coldwater pun.

I'll for sure make up a bunch of bottles of pods and bring em down. Do a club special for $5 a bottle or something :) Gonna try and get out to the coast this coming weekend and harvest some more brood stock so you guys will have fresh wild ones in there also.

Also, for those interested in trying out a Coldwater tank on a budget I will be more than happy to share all the tricks and DIY stuff to do one :)

• 2 weeks later...