Lexinverts' Red Sea Max reef tanks

Lexinverts

Do you really think you will need a chiller to keep it at 74? I would think if your house has AC ? you would be good if using LEDs as they have no real heat.

Tank looks sweet!

My wife gets cold if the room temperature is much cooler than 74. My experience with these tanks is that the pumps heat the water a few degrees. I'm also going to run a UV, which will bring the temp up a degree or so too. So, I wouldn't expect to be able to keep the water temp at 74 without making the house 72-ish, which is a non-starter.

During the winter she cranks the gas fireplace and that heats up the room worse than in the summer. :rolleyes:

Edited by Lexinverts

• 2 weeks later...

So, after my wife made me move the tank to three different places in our living room, and empty and move the planted tank (and then back to the same place), I was able to get the new seahorse tank wet.

IMG_6340_zpsgiu1lmko.jpg

Chiller and heavy duty UV sterilizer to keep the horses happy.

IMG_6342_zps52yhhkpa.jpg

The AI Hydra light that came with the Red Sea E-170 tank is awesome! Thanks again Jeff at Cuttleffish for ordering the tank for me.

IMG_6345_zpsrf54dme8.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

What test kit are you using? I am looking but have heard mixed reviews on certain ones.

For Phosphate I use the Hanna checker. For everything else I use Salifert kits. (The Salifert Phosphate kit is good too--I just got into the habit of using the Hanna.)

• 4 weeks later...

Now I've got the female eating out of a Spider Conch shell, which makes it easy to remove uneaten food when she is done feeding. Still working on the male. He's being rebellious. The banded pipefish is doing a good job cleaning up after the male, though.

IMG_7033_zpshxgof7fx.jpg

IMG_7043_zpsapdnayst.jpg

IMG_7058_zpskcyduqka.jpg

Edited by Lexinverts
  • Like 5