Sign in to follow this  
kireek

My under the cabinet Nano

Ok, which is the display and which is the sump/fuge?

Oh, I see the display has the sand.....Downdraft sump. Cool idea.

A close-up of the gold dust chalice and colonial polyps.Varieties include speckled fire,Mary Janes,Fire and Ice and Mind Blowing palys.

DSCF6905_zpscb680962.jpg

A mushroom that came with the live rock:DSCF6836_zpsd1267f33.jpg

Ball Anemones:DSCF6832_zps59825aa5.jpg

My favorite type of sponge:DSCF6912_zpsfb06a7c7.jpg

The nitty gritty

I am running the system with two small pumps.The unit that came with the 2 gallon Tom brand Pico and a old school hydor.DSCF6757_zpsec647c06.jpg

The light on the upper level is a 7 watt straight pin.DSCF6292_zpsef4cb13e.jpg

I am using a light fixture from a bathroom fan for the 5 gallon.The bulb is a 10 watt ,Coralife 50/50 .

DSCF5724_zps1d34c430.jpg

Ok, which is the display and which is the sump/fuge?

Oh, I see the display has the sand.....Downdraft sump. Cool idea.

Thank you! I originally wanted to maximize water volume in a small area.The sand pipe creates a nice downdraft.

DSCF5728_zps8507a009.jpg

Still looking good but wasn't there some brains in there? Pretty crisp lighting and look for being a power compact mogul bulb,does it create alot of heat? Is it a Coralife Brand? I see them for sale but never want to buy one as they are not cheap,looks just right for that little tank though.

Yes, these are older pictures from August.I need to upload more images to my photo bucket account tonight.The bulb is generic and creates a lot of heat .In regards to the Coralife mogul bulb,yes is does get warm but not hot.The system is usually around 80 degrees with no heater.I use a digital Coralife thermometer to keep tabs on it.

Nice little nano! Very ingenious use of a small space! I think I recognize some of my old zoas perhaps that you got from Robert! :) I think I spotted a vampire PE too in your pile. Those mind blowing palys were fast growers for me! It's gonna look amazing when all those zoas grow out!

Thank you! I did received this collection of zoas and palys from Robert! The mind blowing palys have always been one of my favorites,especially under LED's.

You should see some of the new scores I have gotten,save some room for a few more polyps and possibly a chalice cause there are some nice looking corals waiting to be trimmed...That is if you don't have it all pre planned already.

Plans?I don't have any plans. Feel free to bring some more corals this way Bert.I think the Aussie favia you picked up from TPA likes me.Seriously though,I really appreciate all your help with my project!

DSCF7901_zpsaf3efc8d.jpg[/urlDSCF8440_zps4a91466f.jpg

Platygyra ,sepeckled fire and ninja star zoas:

DSCF8285_zpsb385a867.jpgPot of gold favia on a pedestal:

DSCF8433_zpsabc98411.jpg

Full tank shot:

DSCF8455_zps282935ff.jpg