Kole tang spots.

FishOnTheBrainCoral

Hard to get decent pics...

I noticed yesterday that the fish had what looked like scuff marks from rubbing on the rock. Tonight they are dark and all over body. Seems to be eating fine grazing on rocks and all that.

He has been pale since he went into tank. Figured from stress. Water fine. 1.025 79 degrees 8.3 ammonia 0 nitrate <5 phosphate 0

54 gal corner.( I knows it's on the small size....so save the flames. ) with about 40 lbs of rock.Tank mates are ruby dragonet, 3 blue/green chromis, and of course CUC ( various Snails and hermit) and coral. SPS, zoos and LPS

Fish is new... I didn't QT for I believe it is more stressful then not... and having a third tank for the rare times for when i get fish is not practical.

Of course now I'm worried about my ruby dragonet. Not showing any symptoms of any kind but I have a real soft spot for him since I rescued it from skin and bones to a fat and happy little guy.. i don't want to lose the chromis either... i hate the loss of any fish.... but they are chromis.

4939846bb76ddfa8569b0b613cbdddc0.jpg

da8694861e4c83c55d08211396b14dd6.jpg

Any idea what it is?

itchy fish (fish rubbing on rocks) usually means, well, ich.... what you are describing could be injuries from rubbing on the rocks?

my experience has been if you keep tangs stress free and well fed that they will bounce back from ich without meds/quarantine... I know this is controversial, but it has worked well for me...

Lol... 8.3 ammonia. It would be easier to measure how much water is in the ammonia.

Isn't there a good broad spectrum antibiotic for this kind of thing? I can't remember any names. Somethingmiacin. :).

One thing that would worry me is how light it looks. Kole tangs are usually pretty dark in color. Does it have a coating?