Car and Home Insurance

vanz

I'm in the market for new car insurance and home insurance. Can you give me your insights on the current company you are with?

I know Amica is good with home insurance....but will rape me for car insurance.

I'm with Safeco currently for car insurance, just basic coverage. I pay about 1200/year. I will be 25 very soon, so I'm hoping it will drop significantly.

Well...the way I look at it...is go with a very big company...You may pay more money up front but if a major natural disaster happens, you have a much better chance of that company not going bankrupt and you not seeing a dime. It happens all the time... I am with allstate and I love them...despite what people think I do not pay as much as people might think.

I'm new at this stuff. So' date=' out of curiosity and maybe necessity, why do you want the same company for both?[/quote']

You will usually get a better a rate and it makes life easier. For example if something happens to your house (god for bid) and your car at the same time...You just need to call one agent. As for saving money. I have renters insurance and my car insurance with the same company...Having renters drops my car insurance by 15 bucks a month and renters costs me 10 a month, so I save 5 bucks a month and get renters which covers up to 25k in theft. So it is not a huge savings for me, but at least I get renters for free pretty much. Same goes for home insurance and car insurance...the more stuff you have with one company the better deal you will get...if you have two cars, you get multiple car discount. Plus you only have to pay one company instead of a few different ones.

actually you don't have to...thought it might be cheaper if you go together.

You are right geek, I'll go with a more reputable company. State Farm seems kinda decent with pricing as well. You said you love allstate...so did you ever make a claim?

NO STATE FARM!! STAY AWAY!! Remember Katrina? Allstate is in the same hot water.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=washingtonstory&sid=aYjjIGyPeitA

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2006/08/state_farm_insi.html

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/05/26/statefarm.verdict/

State Farm dropped me a few years ago because i got a minor traffic violation. They are simply one of the worst insurance companies out there.

I use Liberty Mutual for both our cars and home. Very good rates, and we just had a claim last week. Took 3 days to get a check to cover damages, 4 days total for guaranteed repairs. The repairs are 100% guaranteed satisfaction, so if we don't like something, or in 2 years something they fixed breaks, it gets fixed for free.

I need a good company. My wife runs into something a few times a year.

actually you don't have to...thought it might be cheaper if you go together.

You are right geek, I'll go with a more reputable company. State Farm seems kinda decent with pricing as well. You said you love allstate...so did you ever make a claim?

State farm is good...I have made a few claims and they are awesome...

here are the claims

-stolen car, recovered whole and all damaged fixed, by their pro chioce shops (lifetime guarantee)

-Stereo stolen out of car - everything replaced with brand new stuff

-Car rear-ended and totaled, very great to work with and gave me a very reasonable price for the car

-Stolen car, recovered in pieces, gave me great value for the car, check was given very prompt and fast.

They were great with all my issues and claims. Very prompt and fast and no run around. Plus allstate now offers the new plan for like 30 bucks a month, that you get gap insurance, your deductable goes down 100 bucks every year you do not have a wreck (up to 500 bucks), and if you have an accident you policy will not go up...No other insurance can make that claim...Pretty cool stuff...

But again, state farm is a good company and big that they have very deep pockets so if something bad happens you will be taken care of... Ask people of Katrina, that went with small companies, to save a few bucks a month...they are screwed because to many people made claims and the company claimed bankruptcy.

Do not go with Gieco!!!!!!!!!!!!! When you sign up, in the fine print, you sign to them being able to replace parts on your car that are used and/or not OEM, but cheap manufactured parts...nothing ever fits right and looks like the rest of the parts. And they are a pain to work with.

NO STATE FARM!! STAY AWAY!! Remember Katrina? Allstate is in the same hot water.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=washingtonstory&sid=aYjjIGyPeitA

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2006/08/state_farm_insi.html

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/05/26/statefarm.verdict/

State Farm dropped me a few years ago because i got a minor traffic violation. They are simply one of the worst insurance companies out there.

I use Liberty Mutual for both our cars and home. Very good rates, and we just had a claim last week. Took 3 days to get a check to cover damages, 4 days total for guaranteed repairs. The repairs are 100% guaranteed satisfaction, so if we don't like something, or in 2 years something they fixed breaks, it gets fixed for free.

I need a good company. My wife runs into something a few times a year.

Actually allstate is just getting heat, because people do not read the fine print before they purchase their insurance... I do not think people realize how things work with insurance...Like if you live in Tornado alley, your insurance does not cover your home. Allstate is a great company and for the most part so is state farm... That sucks they dropped you. Allstate would never do that, trust me I have made many claims and they have kept me around with minimal raises in insurance premiums.

Allstate offers the same promises as Liberty... To each his own... :D :D :D

Okay, I'll check with Liberty Mutual and Allstate

[language filter] geek where do you live to have your car jacked twice and broken in? It's cool that they cover you for all that.

What kind of natural disasters do we have up here? I've only been here a few years. Is flooding a major issue?

State farm will do anything, ANYTHING, to screw you out of a claim. Sometimes they cannot. If your car gets pelted by hail, or is in a flood say goodbye to it. Fire? Hey at least you can call it art now, but you won't get a penny. They will not cover it even if the policy says so. Thats why they have hundreds of millions of dollars in lawsuits against them currently.

Not only did they drop me for unfounded reasons, i've had at least 3 friends be denied claims ranging from fire to theft. They should not even be allowed to do business if you ask me. They are legally robbing people plain and simple.

Okay, I'll check with Liberty Mutual and Allstate

[language filter] geek where do you live to have your car jacked twice and broken in? It's cool that they cover you for all that.

What kind of natural disasters do we have up here? I've only been here a few years. Is flooding a major issue?

One was taken in clackamas town center parking lot and then one in a very nice part of gresham...It was my fault for having the cars that I did, hondas and acuras. Plus i was heavy into the street racing scene, so my car was out there and I know who stole it. Yes, allstate has been great about my cars and my issues.

Flooding can be an issue, dependent on where you live...alot of parts of our state our pretty much not going to be flooded, if it did, there are more things you would be worried about, like out state being under water, (naughty) . Earthquake is another one that you might consider...We have not had a really bad one in a very long time, but it could happen.

No, i work for a finance company. My wife has an 03 4Runner, and she is about 5'1" so she can't see all the way around the vehicle. First month she had it she backed into a Navigator. Last week she turned into a pole that tore off the runnig board and body armor down the drivers side of the car.

We use anpac for all our insurance. Nice thing with them is the rep is really cool, good rates and can insure lots of different things. Stay clean for 3 yrs and you get 25% back on your 4th yr. (My parents insurance this adds up to 4500 bucks on the 4th yr). Ive compared them to a few others and they are usually right in the ballpark price wise. I've had to deal with alot of agents over the yrs (business related) and she is by far the best. Like others we have our boats, houseboat, cars, homes etc thru them.

Nadine Katz

ANPAC Agent

Central Oregon

888 819-1925

fax 541 504-5813

Impur you work for an insurance company? Hook a brother up! Tried doing those quote things and car insurance is a little on the high side just for basic coverage....

Even if he did work for an insurance company...they do not give any sort of discount to employees...My step dad, works for an insurance company and has worked for them for 10 years and he gets no discount for him and my mom. They actually had everything insured with Farmers up until about 3 years when his company drop their prices.

Even if he did work for an insurance company...they do not give any sort of discount to employees...My step dad' date=' works for an insurance company and has worked for them for 10 years and he gets no discount for him and my mom. They actually had everything insured with Farmers up until about 3 years when his company drop their prices.[/quote']

If i owned an ins company, i might give myself a break. Like 10% maybe. (laugh)