Cuttlefish Acan Growout Contest

Despite an alk swing during vaca, I've had quite a few new heads pop up (and probably noticed a few I hadn't seen last month). I also had one head that grew into three. I counted 21 heads (counted 5 times to make sure). It's also grown off the frag plug most of the way around and the area it hasn't is where I had the most new heads pop up, so it should be fully off the plug soon.

image1_zps7c8b19a4.jpg

Despite an alk swing during vaca, I've had quite a few new heads pop up (and probably noticed a few I hadn't seen last month). I also had one head that grew into three. I counted 21 heads (counted 5 times to make sure). It's also grown off the frag plug most of the way around and the area it hasn't is where I had the most new heads pop up, so it should be fully off the plug soon.

image1_zps7c8b19a4.jpg

Wow Dragon, that is amazing, nice work!  

I think we should all re-post our tank info/lighting etc since it was lost in the great crash.  

Just interested to know everyone's reefkeeping techniques so we all learn a little in the process.

image1_zps7c8b19a4.jpg

Wow! 9 heads in one month! I need to start doing whatever you are doing, that's crazy growth. Well done. 

image1_zps7c8b19a4.jpg

Wow...this thing is impressive. I recently had an alk problem when my doser went offline for a couple days when I was gone. A couple of my acan colonies definitely got hit up a bit. So props to you for still coming out looking like this.

Well Blue z if you go back and read rule 5 it actually says INITIAL photo must include a side shot doesn't say all posts.

To be honest sounds like you got beat fair and square the frag is growing off the disc yours is no were close to growing off the disc.

Well Blue z if you go back and read rule 5 it actually says INITIAL photo must include a side shot doesn't say all posts.

To be honest sounds like you got beat fair and square the frag is growing off the disc yours is no were close to growing off the disc.

Not saying I didn't get beat just saying this whole thing has had the strictest rules and everyone else got DQd all over the place for stuff like that. Now the winner is exempt? I can't count his polyps from a top down shot? Just saying...don't really care either way, but let's see some more pics of it!!!!

I'm still a little questionable by him winning since I had already dq'd him and now all of a sudden he's the winner. This was not what I had expected but either way he won. Would like to see more pics as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I am not involved in the growout, I thought I'd add this:

Dragon posted photos that were apparently not counted for and so you DQ'd him.  This is your response to his posting about whether his pictures were submitted on time or not and why he got DQ'd:

"I think it was due to posting pictures but no polyp count. Honestly it was a month ago I don't remember the whole thing. Either way I'm going to be a cyber bully and stick to my post."

However, in your rules, you don't seem to say anything about polyp count being required:

"You will be required to post a photo update once a month. I will remind you of this when the time is soon to post. I know life gets busy and people go out of town so you have a 2 week window to post.You will have 7 days before and after the first of the month to post your update. If you do not post within the allotted time frame you will be disqualified."

Later down the thread he mentioned that he did include polyps and you then told Dragon to stick around because you couldn't verify he was DQ'd.

Maybe I'm missing something, but if Dragon's DQ was only for not mentioning polyp count, I don't think that's fair as that isn't in the rules.

Anyway, I thought I'd throw that out for you to consider.