Cuttlefish Acan Growout Contest

I shouldn't have been listed as DQ'ed then, because I posted on time, with photos and polyp count. As I stated previously, I am 100% positive I posted on time with photos and I even posted the photo metadata and dates to prove it. I'm not sure why I was ever listed as that, and I can only assume my post was missed. Honestly though, I really don't care. I wanted to participate in a grow out for the community of it and to see how my growth would stack up to others. I wouldn't have defended myself had I not done everything I was supposed to.

If you are now going to say that you are DQ'ing me for my post back in August, that's fine, but I can assure you it was your mistake, not mine. I posted with everyone else and it's not my fault my post was missed. No hard feelings here, give it to the next guy in line.

I'll post some more pics for you guys though.

• Like 1

Nice way to smack down on the group Dragon-Im glad I grow SPS, I took my frag to CNC and it was at 9 I think.

I will say the Acan garden I keep is much happier now that I'm feeding it Mysis that I've ran through the food processor.

I'd add the bow smiley but I'm on the IPad and its discriminated against, which Im fine with because Apple is a wanna be platform IMO

Edited by reefnjunkie

Here's a couple photos of my frag. The first one was taken a few weeks ago, but it's a cool shot of the frag, so I figured I'd share it. The second one I took tonight and it shows the side where at lot of smaller heads popped up in the last month. Hoping this thing continues growing at this pace, it's been fun keeping tabs on it.

IMG_5699_zps8e45b1f7.jpg

image1_zpsd4d26780.jpg

Honestly, I'm not too sure. I fed the frag regularly in the beginning and only fed it like once in the last month. I kept it in slightly lower light and lower flow. The frag was growing in size early on, but I wasn't seeing a ton of new heads popping up until the end. I had less growth on one side and that may have been due to flow and lighting, but I rotated the frag a bit in the past couple of months and that side finally grew in with the new heads. The heads are large enough now that it's pretty cool watching the polyps move with the flow in the tank. I've also noticed some significant growth in my LPS and zoa's over the past month as well. I've had a torch for about 10 months that hadn't grown much until the past two months when it grew significantly. SPS growth has been slightly slower and was more affected by the alk swing I had.

• Like 2

Oh snap you don't have to do that! I won't argue though :D thanks!

I wish I could get some of that mad puff dragon is getting, but I'm in the lowest flow area and still a bit shrively with my wp40s chugging along. Been experimenting with some new nighttime broadcast feeding, will report back with results!

Oh snap you don't have to do that! I won't argue though :D thanks!

I wish I could get some of that mad puff dragon is getting, but I'm in the lowest flow area and still a bit shrively with my wp40s chugging along. Been experimenting with some new nighttime broadcast feeding, will report back with results!

More then happy to do it.