This is not Right-The FACTS-As I know them

Emerald525

Kim I edit your email since it was misleading-your title mentioned the facts when clearly you didn't even know the half of it, so yes my edit was warranted.

Perhaps out of context was the wrong words, your much more eloquent with your use of words than I.

The email from what I reds was pretty spot on, the truth hurts and perhaps a different choice of words, as an example I may prefer to refer to someone as Richard Cranium as to perhaps other words, in the end it is what it is.

Quite drinking the Kool-aid

EDIT: in reply to Kim's post below, I don't think anybody was implying Jay wasn't doing his best or hadn't done his best for the years he has done so, I read Micah comment as describing how past BOD ran the club or lack of.

as I mentioned I the email, we are under new BOD and we are on the path to a better forum-none of this which helps

You should probably re-read the email, I wasn't ever part of that!

I'm sorry for saying that about you, that wasn't right and I reacted with anger. It angers me because I figured you of all people would let this be handled the correct way instead of airing dirty laundry. We as a BOD have not been given a chance to even discuss this issue we just found out about hours ago so explain to me how we could even sweep it under the rug?

Matty I apologize I was not saying you were part of the email string that I quoted. I am saying that you knew about the new website. You said it in this very thread this is your quote:

It's funny when people call into question integrity and then realize that question becomes a question about more than that one person. I also supported Micah in his creation of a new forum and was one of the first members to sign up, I assure you that wouldn't have been the case had it been a malicious act.

I didn't bring it to the board and posted here because you yourself already admitted you knew Micah was starting a new site and did not see a problem or conflict of interest with the VP of the current site starting a new site or even making the rest of the board aware. and When I show part of the email your initial response is to attack me and call me bitter and vindictive. I appreciate your apology and again did actually vote for you to be on the board.

Well' date=' it WAS taken out of context. Also, it WAS an abysmal failure. No backup since 2012 is an abysmal failure. Things needed to change - one way or another. I had a choice to make, I made it... when the options presented to me and the situation changed, so did the choice and my opinion of said club. I'm glad I am able to stay with the club I love in order to make it a less-abysmal success.[/quote']

Micah you talk a good game. I don't doubt your IT talent. I have nothing against you personally. I simply do not like the way this all went down. Jay has done the best he can and I appreciate all that he has done for this site and he has been doing this for a long time.

I have said what I wanted to say and will not say anything further on the matter. I really am hopeful the new bod and officers will do great things for this club.

I would like an answer from the old admin team on why they didn't back up this forum for over two years' date=' **** I back up my phone once a week.[/quote']

The old admin team just got kicked to the curb and for years it was just jay doing it. You would think the forum members would respect all the work that one person was doing for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have this thing called a cloud it updates every day!!!!!! I couldn't loose s**t if I tried!(nutty)

Right!? We should look at who ran the club in 2012, who was president then, who dropped the ball to where this happened, who was president on 2013, who dropped the ball then-I mean the bucks stops at the president right.

None of this would have happened and I would have 20,000 more views on my tank thread, I'd have my old avatar, I'd be able to sleep at night

chew on that awhile (Rim)

Right!? We should look at who ran the club in 2012, who was president then, who dropped the ball to where this happened, who was president on 2013, who dropped the ball then-I mean the bucks stops at the president right.

None of this would have happened and I would have 20,000 more views on my tank thread, I'd have my old avatar, I'd be able to sleep at night

chew on that awhile (Rim)

I honestly don't know who the president was can some fill this in for me, and if they are still around do they have an explanation on why they didn't back the site up.

The old admin team just got kicked to the curb and for years it was just jay doing it. You would think the forum members would respect all the work that one person was doing for years.

(huh)??????

kicked to the curb-who said the forum didn't respect them, I surely did- there are 3 people typing as they speak for someone other than themselves, I've not elected anyone to speak for me because I have no problem expressing myself, either behind the keyboard or face to face-

I have to respect and believe what Kevin posted a few pages back, if it went down that way, it doesn't seem as anyone got kicked, maybe some egos were hurt I DONT KNOW because I (and most everyone else) wasn't involved.

Maybe re-read that email and text me what part you think was inaccurate, or send a PM (thank you Jay, Darrell, Adam, and Micah for the ability to PM :) )

The short comings were BOD driven is how I read it, and we have a new BOD (agree) And the rest, well as I said perhaps presented poorly, IT WAS TRUE

I gotta go, I just heard an ambulance drive by, I need to go see if there is something to stare at

Meh if ish keeps going in the direction I'm out. We have a VP that feels he some sort of a God to this forum, is allowed to **** talk in threads and have ZERO repercussions for it, then I call him out and I get a threat of being banned out of the simple fact I called it douche baggery. He then jumps ship in near no time. Insults other in abilities. Not everyone was an IT professional. Have some compassion for the others you so quickly cut down. You're no more special to the site than they were. That being said. I'm out!

This is 2012 remember. It's under there names!(whistle)

THATS hilarious, truly made me LOL

lighten up people, its a REEF forum, I'm just stuck at a spot I have nothing better to do my fantasy football teams are stomping my opponents

I'd report this thread so it can be closed but I don't know if there are any mods beside myself so I'm torn (scary)

I wish people understood my sarcasm

really though, I'll stop posting if you do (whistle) (Still need to build 4,000 posts)

(huh)??????

kicked to the curb-who said the forum didn't respect them, I surely did- there are 3 people typing as they speak for someone other than themselves, I've not elected anyone to speak for me because I have no problem expressing myself, either behind the keyboard or face to face-

I have to respect and believe what Kevin posted a few pages back, if it went down that way, it doesn't seem as anyone got kicked, maybe some egos were hurt I DONT KNOW because I (and most everyone else) wasn't involved.

Maybe re-read that email and text me what part you think was inaccurate, or send a PM (thank you Jay, Darrell, Adam, and Micah for the ability to PM :) )

The short comings were BOD driven is how I read it, and we have a new BOD (agree) And the rest, well as I said perhaps presented poorly, IT WAS TRUE

I gotta go, I just heard an ambulance drive by, I need to go see if there is something to stare at

You've got mail. :)

Meh if ish keeps going in the direction I'm out. We have a VP that feels he some sort of a God to this forum' date=' is allowed to **** talk in threads and have ZERO repercussions for it, then I call him out and I get a threat of being banned out of the simple fact I called it douche baggery. He then jumps ship in near no time. Insults other in abilities. Not everyone was an IT professional. Have some compassion for the others you so quickly cut down. You're no more special to the site than they were. That being said. I'm out![/quote']

Thanks for playing along

You've got mail. :)

back at ya-Noob and I are plotting to over take this forum, just thought I'd say

O come on know it won't be the same without you.

You're killing me.

FWIW, it wasn't an ambulance, the TV in the other room was on and it was the show my wife was watching DOH!

But I do live on the "Eastside" so it won't be long for the sirens

Boosting that post count (rock2)

I have as much compassion as what's been given. The forum was totally different even just a year ago. I'm not looking for sympathy nor am I looking for others to run their smart assed mouths. I unlike a lot of people will say what I have said in the forum directly to their face. This place has been on a steady downward spiral for months.

Pled you're an awesome guy and I fully respect you and your decisions and I hope they pan out for the best for you

Micah you're skilled in your trade but you are far from skilled with people. You clearly have zero faith or respect for the forum from the looks of the email.

Noob, matty, matt, mattv, kim, brad, we'll pretty much the majority of the people that have been around for 3 to 4 years. You guys are great and I am thankful for the help you have given!

I am going to take a break from this place just far too much bs going on right now. I wish most of you the best of luck with your tanks and such!

I have as much compassion as what's been given. The forum was totally different even just a year ago. I'm not looking for sympathy nor am I looking for others to run their smart assed mouths. I unlike a lot of people will say what I have said in the forum directly to their face. This place has been on a steady downward spiral for months.

Pled you're an awesome guy and I fully respect you and your decisions and I hope they pan out for the best for you

Micah you're skilled in your trade but you are far from skilled with people. You clearly have zero faith or respect for the forum from the looks of the email.

Noob, matty, matt, mattv, kim, brad, we'll pretty much the majority of the people that have been around for 3 to 4 years. You guys are great and I am thankful for the help you have given!

I am going to take a break from this place just far too much bs going on right now. I wish most of you the best of luck with your tanks and such!

Its historical, even before my years, I remember a past member who said this place blew up like once a year.

I think its worth noting (not that I need to to, but....) its a forum and there are many opposite beliefs, views, etc but those shouldn't be brought into the forum, its the hobby we have in common so for the short time we are here, we should try to get along, and I know that may be comical coming from me but in the years I've been here I've changed quite a bit (If you think I'm bad now SHEESH, look back a few years :) )

I still think the club is headed in a new better direction, the crash unfortunately set the newly elected BOD back (a few years to be exact-sorry, man I'm rotten) but they will persevere and thanks again to those who have helped keep the wheels on the bus for all these years

I want to clear things from my perspective, as a previous member of the admin team....

Kevin.... you are not being honest with regards to our conversations. I was never "nonchalant about the loss"... I was a realist.. I gave you a worst case scenario, meaning that we would have to start fresh… I pointed out the benefits…. New passwords, clean database, etc… then said “at least nobodies tanks when down as a result of this.” And laughed. I apologize if that’s what you construed as ‘nonchalant’… but it was still a reality when we spoke that Wednesday. Your concern was the loss of people from the forum, I also brushed that off… I still feel the way I said it to you… “If we lose members because the forums were hacked, then they were never loyal to begin with. In my opinion, the forums should be a tool for the community, not the other way around.” That is actually what I said to you…

I also told you that I would do everything I possibly could to get this database loaded and attached to an upgraded version of the software. I asked for one more night before we assume the worst.

The very next day I told you I had success. Even posted it on facebook as well. Which I did; The database finally did a clean upload, and I was able to pull it in and attach it to a new installation of Vbulletin. I also indicated to you that there were tons of details that had to be worked out still… That’s when I indicated that I had been up extremely late, and didn’t have time to do more than the basics… get the database and forums up. I did accomplish that!!!! I am sorry you couldn’t browse to the forums as it was during our conversation. This however does not take away from the fact that the admin staff was more capable then being portrayed here by you.

I did not log back in until Saturday morning to continue working on the site. I had a PM request to fix MOD status for Brad only to discover that my admin rights had been removed. You can’t ‘accidently’ do this. My usergroup was changed from administrator to moderator. This can only be done by an admin, whom specifically moves you out of a group. I was removed, by Micah. No communication… just removed. Only after I some fallout did I get admin rights back. By that point… I was done. I did not want any part of whatever it was you guys were doing.

Did the admin team fail… yes!! I take that on myself as an IT professional that I took certain things into assumption… first being the SQL backup… for god sakes, everyone knows to back that up on a regular basis… a very bad oversight… not to mention no disaster recovery plan… These are things that I know better than to let slide… but they did. To any defense, this was a service that had been previously provided by the host as part of the hosting service. It was only found out after the fact that they had stopped doing that quite awhile ago. Again, this is a failure of the staff that run the site, it should have been verified that we had regular backups… there is no argument or excuses there.

With all of that being said… how did our leaders handle the situation?

Our VP immediately starts his own site and starts soliciting sponsors from PNWMAS… why does this matter? If the intention was just a backup for PNWMAS… then why did you have to approach sponsors for support? If it’s to be tied into PNWMAS, then all that is needed is a heads up email to let them know. So ya, Micah, instead of doing everything in the background, you should have been open and up front if it was as you say it was. If so there would be nothing to hide. I see no reason to object to a backup fresh forum if things fail… and no need to keep that from the members.. I can only assume one reason for keeping this quite.

There is even more to this… but I am honestly tired of even talking about it.

What I see… a series of frustrated emotional decisions being made without any regard to their potential impact. I get why people are angry about the loss of 2 yrs of data… I was angry as well.. thus the reason I spent hours trying to fix it. What I don’t get, is why some really cool people turned on one another instead of pulling together to work within the guidelines to get things done. Why wasn’t there a conference call… email string to all the BOD and admin staff…. Some form of group communication to make sure everyone is on the same page… especially if everything was for the sake of club and community like you all claim. This is not just a failure on the admin staff, the leadership also needs to acknowledge their lack of appropriately handling the situation. Not to mention just showing some respect for people, for whom they are… no matter what knowledge level they have!!

I honestly don't know who the president was can some fill this in for me' date=' and if they are still around do they have an explanation on why they didn't back the site up.[/quote']

It was emerald and honestly it was the best years this forum had. She was great to have around. She made things fun had guest speakers at here house, took pictures of all the meetings and helped people. You could tell she genuinely cared about the forum with no motives other then bringing everyone in the hobby together.