This is not Right-The FACTS-As I know them

Emerald525

There is even more to this… but I am honestly tired of even talking about it.

What I see… a series of frustrated emotional decisions being made without any regard to their potential impact. I get why people are angry about the loss of 2 yrs of data… I was angry as well.. thus the reason I spent hours trying to fix it. What I don’t get, is why some really cool people turned on one another instead of pulling together to work within the guidelines to get things done. Why wasn’t there a conference call… email string to all the BOD and admin staff…. Some form of group communication to make sure everyone is on the same page… especially if everything was for the sake of club and community like you all claim. This is not just a failure on the admin staff, the leadership also needs to acknowledge their lack of appropriately handling the situation. Not to mention just showing some respect for people, for whom they are… no matter what knowledge level they have!!

+1 to that :((icon)

Adam thanks for all the countless hours you poured into this and I have to reiterate as the only people really who truly know what happened (from a first hand basis) is you, Jay, Darrell, Kevin, Micah all the rest of us know only what we are told.

I was part of the "new forum" idea but I'd be since its out there its been tossed around as an idea for nearly a year by myself and a handful of others, but I don't think it would ever get legs-I still don't, not in this market.

Anyway this is another side of the equation and at some point this thread needs to die-am I the only mod????

if someone want a to report the thread I think I'm obligated to close it for further BOD review, I'm not able to as I'm involved.

All sarcasm aside, this was a terrible thing that happened, terrible outcome as a result.

Thanks again for the disclosure

(drinking)

Adam, you quitting was a major bummer for me, I was very excited to admin along side you. I appreciate all of the work you did to get it to the point it is and I'm sorry if I did not give you the credit you seek. I understand that you weren't part of the politics leading up to this nightmare, but it is what it is. I understand that I/we should have been more up front about creating the site, but realistically we would have been met with the same resistance or "Just wait, we've almost got it going" like I did hear. Change doesn't happen by waiting, so I made a judgement call with the knowledge I was presented. Going back, I would have made the same decision. I would have carried it out differently and by myself without involving ANYBODY. Involving certain people who twist and mangle the truth is how we are having this conversation in the first place.

I did not approach sponsors. Stop creating facts - this isn't fox news.

Did I modify your access? Yes. Though, I thought what I was doing was giving you more access, I instead gave you less. For that, I'm sorry, but it was not my intention. Instead if flying off the handle (something I'm often accused of doing), you should have sent me a message.

If you ever want to come back to the team, you have an open invitation, but I understand if you have reservations.

Wow, there's an hour of my life I'll never get back. At least I got miles to come over and frag some acans for me today.

Oh yea, why is it that Kim always has to get in the middle of things and stir sh!t up. Hey Kim, you don't have a tank any more. You aren't in the hobby any more. Take your drama and go away.

• Like 2

Gross.

Terrible to see this club in this state. I mean, there was always dramatic blow ups every six months or so that kinda got old (but midly entertaining at times), but this is just sad and embarrassing.

You've got a group of IT guys that may not be the best at what they do and cut some corners but volunteer their time (which is appreciated!). Fix that.

You've got a VP that continously speaks in a way that rubs people the wrong way, represents your club poorly, is quick to jump ship and slanders the club. Fix that.

You've got a lot of awesome members, fans and hobbiest that love our tanks, helipng each other out and enjoy a place to do that. Keep that!

***It's just a forum*** (scratch)

/back to fantasy football analaysis...

You've got a VP that continously speaks in a way that rubs people the wrong way, represents your club poorly, is quick to jump ship and slanders the club. Fix that.

As wife of your VP I've done my best to stay out of this childish mess that has become the club but I feel I must throw in my two cents.

First of all, Micah hasn't changed. He was a smart a*s long before he was elected by this club to represent it as VP. Does he rub some people the wrong way? Sure. Do some people need to learn a sense of humor. Absolutely. I've watched the threads on this club go from entertaining, fun, informational and community based to boring over the last couple months. Certain people seem to have sucked the fun right out of it.

Speaking of community - a lot of these same people don't seem to show a good sense of it. Consider the last two meetings and who attended. There were no giveaways like that well attended one down south. So you had board members, their families, a few other well known active members and a few new folks. (Chris and Robyn are awesome people by the way.) Hmmm... so no chance of free stuff and low attendance. Coincidence - I think not. The chance to get to know YOUR COMMUNITY apparently isn't enough for some of you. Hoping the meeting at TPA this month proves me wrong.

Ok. Back to my husband and our weekend. Since getting admin privileges to HELP dig this site out of it's mess, I have barely seen him anywhere but in front of his computer. This needy pregnant wife gave her husband up for the good of this forum. Since Friday night I honestly don't think he's left the house. He's spent more time working on this than anything else this weekend, getting beat up for it and slandered by an ungrateful group of individuals yet he still plugs along. It was beautiful out this weekend. I would have loved to go on our weekly hikes. Didn't happen. He was even up passed 1 am last night / this morning (on a work night) so not to take the site down for maintenance during a time the community would be active.

Also, let's not be so quick to forget that my husband is constantly helping people out on this forum with apex stuff etc. He has given tons of stuff away to help people out as well. Crap... he even went to ChrisQ house to work on his tanks when he was in the hospital.

And did he jump ship so quickly? Heck no. He didn't purchase another site until 9 days after the forum was still down with the intent of giving the community a place to go in the event that PNWMAS didn't come back. This isn't 1992. Sites down this long is extremely unacceptable and unheard of these days. It really looked like it was gone for good. And he didn't do this with malicious intent or alone. If you've spent the hours reading through this juvenile crap you'll see others throwing their support for him and this site he was developing.

Once he was finally approached to help all talks of another site vanished. It was no longer necessary.

Sorry this is so long. Didn't intend it to be this way. I'm just pregnant, emotional and sick of the beating up of my husband who is the best man I know. A man who would do anything for this community.

Take my opinions for what they are - simply my opinions and a little insight being so close to this horrible, slandering, evil man (that last part is sarcasm for those that don't know.)

Alisha

Yay - post #1!!!

• Like 1

As wife of your VP I've done my best to stay out of this childish mess that has become the club but I feel I must throw in my two cents.

First of all, Micah hasn't changed. He was a smart a*s long before he was elected by this club to represent it as VP. Does he rub some people the wrong way? Sure. Do some people need to learn a sense of humor. Absolutely. I've watched the threads on this club go from entertaining, fun, informational and community based to boring over the last couple months. Certain people seem to have sucked the fun right out of it.

Speaking of community - a lot of these same people don't seem to show a good sense of it. Consider the last two meetings and who attended. There were no giveaways like that well attended one down south. So you had board members, their families, a few other well known active members and a few new folks. (Chris and Robyn are awesome people by the way.) Hmmm... so no chance of free stuff and low attendance. Coincidence - I think not. The chance to get to know YOUR COMMUNITY apparently isn't enough for some of you. Hoping the meeting at TPA this month proves me wrong.

Ok. Back to my husband and our weekend. Since getting admin privileges to HELP dig this site out of it's mess, I have barely seen him anywhere but in front of his computer. This needy pregnant wife gave her husband up for the good of this forum. Since Friday night I honestly don't think he's left the house. He's spent more time working on this than anything else this weekend, getting beat up for it and slandered by an ungrateful group of individuals yet he still plugs along. It was beautiful out this weekend. I would have loved to go on our weekly hikes. Didn't happen. He was even up passed 1 am last night / this morning (on a work night) so not to take the site down for maintenance during a time the community would be active.

Also, let's not be so quick to forget that my husband is constantly helping people out on this forum with apex stuff etc. He has given tons of stuff away to help people out as well. Crap... he even went to ChrisQ house to work on his tanks when he was in the hospital.

And did he jump ship so quickly? Heck no. He didn't purchase another site until 9 days after the forum was still down with the intent of giving the community a place to go in the event that PNWMAS didn't come back. This isn't 1992. Sites down this long is extremely unacceptable and unheard of these days. It really looked like it was gone for good. And he didn't do this with malicious intent or alone. If you've spent the hours reading through this juvenile crap you'll see others throwing their support for him and this site he was developing.

Once he was finally approached to help all talks of another site vanished. It was no longer necessary.

Sorry this is so long. Didn't intend it to be this way. I'm just pregnant, emotional and sick of the beating up of my husband who is the best man I know. A man who would do anything for this community.

Take my opinions for what they are - simply my opinions and a little insight being so close to this horrible, slandering, evil man (that last part is sarcasm for those that don't know.)

Alisha

Yay - post #1!!!

You go girl!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13569[/ATTACH]

Seriously people let it go and be thankful for where we are at now and let's move forward!

post-9194-141867764135_thumb.jpg

Ok, i have been trying to stay out of most of this until i have more information and time to think about this but, since my name was mentioned with Alisha's post i will say this. Don't really think it needed to be brought up but, ok

What she said is very true, Micah did come over and see to my tanks while i found myself in the ICU for four days, Micah is a incredible human being and i have the utmost respect for him. I will not comment on his personality or how other's view it, that's up to you.

Hang in there Alisha :)

Alisha

Yay - post #1!!!

I have a point to make here. I've yet to of seen him "slandered" did he get called out, yes, did people speak their mind on how he rubs people the wrong way and Is allowed to basically run his mouth however he feels fit, yes, there are plenty of smart asses on this forum. Me being one of them, but does that give your husband the right to blatantly insult people or continuously run his mouth in threads? No. It's called people skills. There Is a time and place where being the funny guy is totally acceptable there is also a time where one Especially being VP, he needs to learn to hold his tongue persay. There are emails, threads (unfortunately lost in the hack) etc where he has pissed off many people. It is what it is at this point. But I've yet to have seen any slander. Points were made, facts were shown. The proof is in the pudding.

This is not Right-The FACTS-As I know them

I have a point to make here. I've yet to of seen him "slandered" did he get called out' date=' yes, did people speak their mind on how he rubs people the wrong way and Is allowed to basically run his mouth however he feels fit, yes, there are plenty of smart asses on this forum. Me being one of them, but does that give your husband the right to blatantly insult people or continuously run his mouth in threads? No. It's called people skills. There Is a time and place where being the funny guy is totally acceptable there is also a time where one Especially being VP, he needs to learn to hold his tongue persay. There are emails, threads (unfortunately lost in the hack) etc where he has pissed off many people. It is what it is at this point. But I've yet to have seen any slander. Points were made, facts were shown. The proof is in the pudding.[/quote']

I'm sorry I suppose libel is more appropriate. Plenty of that going on.

Libel:*

a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation.

PS... way to beat a dead horse. "I have to make a point here..." You've made plenty of pick on Micah comments the last couple days. It's getting old. We all know your personal opinion.

Pick on micah. Lmao cmon really?! Where are the false statements? The email explains it all. He blew up, ran his mouth, said some things I'm sure he regrets now, but that doesn't take away what was said. This is not only MY personal opinion. Is one not allowed to make posts in a thread If they may hurt your feelings? Should I just hold my tongue now because one thing has already been said? Give it up. You brought this back attempting to defend him. So yes I made my point. Simple fact of matter. I kept quiet in this thread but my phone constantly blowing up with updates I felt i should speak my mind like everyone else has. Just because it's against your belief and others doesn't make it any less valid. I'm done with this nonsense now. You're 100 percent correct I made my point.

I kept quiet in this thread but my phone constantly blowing up with updates I felt i should speak my mind like everyone else has. Just because it's against your belief and others doesn't make it any less valid. I'm done with this nonsense now. You're 100 percent correct I made my point.

Feel free to say whatever you want - you clearly have done that - over and over and over. I think our definition of "keeping quiet" is slightly different. SIXTEEN comments ON THIS THREAD alone prior to today is hardly keeping quiet. Sure, not every single last one of them was Micah bashing, but that is SIXTEEN comments prior to the TWO today. Way to start rebuilding your post count though (cheer)

Just my two more cents.

PowderBlue wrote, "That being said. I'm out!"

PowderBlue wrote, "I'm going to take a break from this place just far to much bs going on right now. I wish most of you the best of luck with your tanks and such!"

Please just leave already!!! My opinion... Your loud mouth is just adding fuel to the fire and not helpful at all! Just leave... take a break... whatever... I won't miss you!!!

This thread has been quite the disappointment.

The first few posts where Micah had hijacked the old sight to get his hands on some sweet Cuttlefish sponsorship cash, that was exciting!

Now that it has turned into nothing but misunderstandings and grumpiness over a frustrating situation, it just isn't the same(sad)

At this rate, it won't be long until there is nothing to discuss but reef tank related issues...

On a more serious note, the one thing I am actually taking away from this discussion is that there are a lot of people here who really give a d*mn about the community, and who are willing to work hard to keep it up and running, even while butting heads.

As such, I'm happy to become a paid member of said community, as soon as I can figure out how;)