This is not Right-The FACTS-As I know them

Emerald525

This thread may get deleted but I really do feel the group has a right to know what is going on. I have no secret agenda. I don't even have a tank anymore and do not have the time or energy to serve on the board due to work commitments to be as active on this site but this forum has been good to me and I care about it and the members.

It is makes me sad to see 2 great admin people step down and you even have a well respected sponsor chiming in so most of you know there must be something really serious and concerning going on.

I just have had numerous people messaging me because of their concerns and I feel like things are getting swept under the carpet. I am going to stick to the facts.

The facts were the site was attacked. I do not know all the details but I have always felt we needed more admin support for Jay. He was doing this alone for a long time and Darryl and Softy kindly volunteered to help.

I also know that Darryl, Softy (Adam), and Jay have spent countless hours trying to get the site back up.

I don't know Micah and have never met him.

The fact is while Adam and Darryl and Jay were working hard to get the PNWMAS back up. Micah was trying to get a new site going and was saying very negative things about our admin and saying that this new site would be better. Interestingly Micah's site westcoastreefers is now down since Rudy from Goldenbasket made this post:

While the admins working hard to restore the site, a rival site pop up here, www.westcoastreefers.com

I was asked to be a sponsor there but I declined for the reason that I still believe in PNWMAS being restore and up and running again.

Unfortunately these people that actually done work all this time to restore the site while other busy forming a rival site, were being ousted from admins position.

Mr President and Bods need to sit down and take a hard look at what is going on here? Go with bylaws!

People that already jump ship should not be in the position to control PNWMAS!

No sooner was the site up after Adam uploaded it, Micah was suddenly given full admin rights and

and the passwords were changed and Darryl and Softy no longer had access. This was not cleared with the rest of the board and IMO was a huge slap in the face to the current admins who had been working so hard to get the site up. I also feel like Micah was trying to suddenly take all the credit when he posted on the FB site this not even mentioning Darryl or Softy:

Okay, so the forum is up and restored to the 2012 backup - Thanks Jay. I've restored all of the theme images from the waybackmachine and other sites (the them we are using is old and not available anymore). The smileys are back (Priorities, right?) and I've restored access to the forum via tapatalk and forumrunner - including push notifications. I'm continuing to find little things here and there that are broken, like the links at the top for flashchat, and some other random theme images. If you find something, shoot me a message on here or the forum and I'll get it fixed asap.

My concerns are: Why would Micah suddenly be giving admin privileges without clearing it with the rest of the current admins or board giving that the site was just attacked?

Why would you also give Micah full rein of the forum when he was trying to start a rival site?

I don't have a problem with someone starting a rival site and trying to take sponsors and members away from this site. It has been done in the past several times and those attempts usually fail because it takes a lot of time and energy to keep a site maintained an running.

My problem is that this is a huge conflict of interest and a lack of loyalty for the current vice President of this forum to start a rival site and then be giving full rein of this site.

You all can come to your own conclusions and make your own decisions but I just feel you have the right to know all the facts.

Indeed, this is a major conflict of interest. How do we know that the group isn't going to get sabotaged to fulfill the needs of said rival site? I saw it while it was up and running yesterday. Only members so far were Ocean Revive, Cuttlefish, and the administrator.

Unless we can get this addressed and resolved, I'm out.

How is it a rival site? We all voted them in and if they thought that a new site would be (faster easyer what ever) it's all ways good to have a back up, then what's wrong with that we got the site back up and a huge thanks to ALL that where involved!!!! Let's move on and learn for this hack and fix the thing we need to.

I'm not even going to engage this past the one post so these questions are really rhetorical from I stand.

Why is it that The OP posts " are the facts" and we all should know, geez thanks for the enlightenment (clap) this is one person quoting something form another posting, and why would it be deleted, is it the secret conspiracy that got leaked rofl

Rival site, really is any site thats not PMS, I mean PNWMAS a "rival" gimme a break, how many of you reading this diatribe belong to "rival" sites (scary)

And the idea of a plot to sabotage, has anyone met Cuttlefish, or Ocean Revive, I happen to know those two people have more character than probably the majority of people on this site and I'd trust them and not second guess my decision.

I think Cuttlefish has brought more good to this site collectively in the short time he's been here than some members in the countless years they've been here.

if you want to leave "good bye" (laugh) If you want to stay "hello"

And with regard to a conflict of interest, last I read I don't see anything in the by laws that mentions anything remotely close to being on the board, or an admin and you can't hold position or be part of a said rival site.

In closing In might mention, I like the name westcoastreefers, but I'm somewhat biased, I came up with the name(naughty)

I could and would go on but life calls, its that other hobby some people should get

(flower)

I'd say that was an engage in to the thread :) I could care less if there is a other site the fact of the matter is it was BS how things were handled. Micha all of a sudden has full rein, changes passwords etc and starts his own site. Just days after pnwmas went down? I don't hold anything against guys jumping ship to a new site, you want to go, go, but don't sit and play both ends of the field.

I'm not even going to engage this past the one post so these questions are really rhetorical from I stand.

Why is it that The OP posts " are the facts" and we all should know, geez thanks for the enlightenment (clap) this is one person quoting something form another posting, and why would it be deleted, is it the secret conspiracy that got leaked rofl

Rival site, really is any site thats not PMS, I mean PNWMAS a "rival" gimme a break, how many of you reading this diatribe belong to "rival" sites (scary)

And the idea of a plot to sabotage, has anyone met Cuttlefish, or Ocean Revive, I happen to know those two people have more character than probably the majority of people on this site and I'd trust them and not second guess my decision.

I think Cuttlefish has brought more good to this site collectively in the short time he's been here than some members in the countless years they've been here.

And with regard to a conflict of interest, last I read I don't see anything in the by laws that mentions anything remotely close to being on the board, or an admin and you can't hold position or be part of a said rival site.

In closing In might mention, I like the name westcoastreefers, but I'm somewhat biased, I came up with the name(naughty)

I could and would go on but life calls, its that other hobby some people should get

(flower)

I came up with the term "RIVAL SITE" so I need to explain.

It is a free country that anyone can put a reef forum or whatever forum they like.

When you open up a new reef forum and pooling resources either man power or even soliciting man power from people at pnwmas, yes it is more like a rival site to me.

If you don't see it fit, call it whatever you like. It is a fishy business...lol

To take Control of one site, it's all of a sudden goes down, then you build another site and trash talk the site your currently a vp of is a bad move imo. If you don't have loyalty or even the sense to hold your tongue against the forum you're vp of, then why be a part of the administrative group? Just take your *** over to your new site and pound sand. :) That's my two cents. On that note

People need to keep their personal feelings out of this thread. You think Jay handed over everything to Micah and this was solely his doing? Decisions were made with the best interest of the club in mind, not just for a few members and sponsors. Decisions get made and not everyone is going to agree with them but until you know the actual "facts" you should probably try to keep an open mind.

The moving of admins is one thing, the trash talking of the forum, and opening a new site while still maintaining the vp position here is another. Dtech made a thread stating how it was handled and it seems a little shady. Not that I need to explain myself but that's where is stand on it. I respect 99 percent of the people on this forum and I don't want to see it plummet nor do I intend to burn any bridges or cause issues, but to let this be swept up under the rug is not an option

People need to keep their personal feelings out of this thread. You think Jay handed over everything to Micah and this was solely his doing? Decisions were made with the best interest of the club in mind' date=' not just for a few members and sponsors. Decisions get made and not everyone is going to agree with them but until you know the actual "facts" you should probably try to keep an open mind.[/quote']

I agree that we should know the facts. Problem is nothing has come forward from the bod or officers about it so it's going to stir the pot of a lot of what happened through here say. Maybe the bod can announce a thread with the info that will address these concerns in the members only section? Notice I've not said much in any of these threads as well..(clap)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The moving of admins is one thing' date=' the trash talking of the forum, and opening a new site while still maintaining the vp position here is another. Dtech made a thread stating how it was handled and it seems a little shady. Not that I need to explain myself but that's where is stand on it. I respect 99 percent of the people on this forum and I don't want to see it plummet nor do I intend to burn any bridges or cause issues, but to let this be swept up under the rug is not an option[/quote']

Who was talking trash?

How is it a rival site? We all voted them in and if they thought that a new site would be (faster easyer what ever) it's all ways good to have a back up' date=' then what's wrong with that we got the site back up and a huge thanks to ALL that where involved!!!! Let's move on and learn for this hack and fix the thing we need to.[/quote']

This site was put up without knowledge from most of the board. It was meant to be a for profit site.

Speaking of conflict of interest Brad, why change the title of my post and move my thread? What I posted was the facts and you know this because you were part of the discussions of starting the new site. You always speak about big brother and moderators overstepping their bounds. One thing I could always count on from you Brad is to be honest. Don't try to sugarcoat this. If there was nothing to hide why suddenly take the westcoastreefers site down? Why would I make this up? I'm not looking to be on the board again. I'm not looking to sell anything on the forum. I'm not disgruntled because I was voted off the board. I stepped down because I simply don't have the time to be in the hobby right now. I'm just calling out the shady stuff that is going on and I also don't feel that Adam and Darryl were treated right.

Again it was meant to be a rival site. I don't have a problem with that. I have said that already. My problem is the manner in which this all went down. Reeffrontiers has been great about letting us use their site and I have also worked in collaboration with reef2reef. Like I have said before, this hobby is a small world and word does get around. I just think people have the right to know the facts.

I like OR and Cuttlefish and agree they have brought a lot to this club. If they want to sponsor another site I don't have a problem with that. I didn't even mention them in my original post. My guess is Micah talks a good game. Like I said I don't know him and have never met him. I just know BS when I see it.

I agree there is nothing in they bylaws from what I can tell. I am simply expressing my concerns and letting people be aware of what is going on. What the bod and members decide to do with this information is entirely up to them.

Hello I am a newer member to this site...I joined a month or so before the site went down. I do not know any of you but respect the information that all of you have contributed to members like my self. This matter that people have been talking about on this thread has made me sad. We have elected these people in office for a reason...I would say let them do their job. For the people that not happy with what has happened there are better way to help this site...! There are people that reading these post like my self and would like this taken care of in a manner that would make our member proud.