Earthbound 90

earthbound

Got light transferred over tonight will finish plumbing and electrical tomorrow hopefully. I will try to get a sump pic up but its pretty simple skimmer/return/fuge. I will be plumbing the 15g into the system too, hopefully combining them into one system will make maintenance a little less time consuming as well.

azudehu7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great. My sump looks similar with all the different types of macro...Problem is that chaeto took off like wildfire, sucking all the nutrients out of the water before the other 6 types of macro can get dinner...I'm thinking about egg crating off a section just for chaeto in an effort to control it.

I seem to vaguely remember in Reef Aquarium Vol3 J. Sprung mentions something about red vs green macro, specifically related to its ability or inability to use trace elements and process waste...and something about what is created when photosynthesis takes place in these types of macro. Clearly I am fuzzy on the issue, will try to bust out the book after work.

• Like 1

I finally built a screen to fit the tank. Its just a standard diy window frame kit with some 1/4" pond netting and I cut some strips of lexan that I had laying around and screwed them to the sides and front so the screen frame sits flush inside the euro brace

u3u9y7a5.jpg

qeza8y7u.jpg

e7ura4u4.jpg

dyru3ehe.jpg

• Like 1