Chinese LED group buy

OceanRevive

come on guys, if you want to know more about this light and reviews from RC users, go to check out RC thread in the first post. There are many LED DIY gurus. I don't want to start a debate on LED technology in this group buy post. I just want to get 10-12 units and buy this good reputation lighting with a lower price.

Blackhand, thanks for your interest! I believe both Reefstar and Evergrow are good lighting fixtures. I decided to buy this because it can be customized and TONs of RC advanced reefers approve it. Dont' get me wrong, I heard our local reefers made the success with reefstar as well. At this time, I have a 150w white and blue 50/50 LED, I couldn't keep the purple color. That is why I want to try the full spectrum lighting.

The group buy price will require at least 12 units to make it happen, maybe I can negotiate to 10 units. I spent two nights, totally, more than 10 hours to work on that sale girl! the price she gave me is not the "group-buy" price, it is their wholesale price. She even showed me how much her commission,how much "real" shipping cost and company profit to me. And she said because it is the first groupbuy in this area, she want to establish the reputation, but it is builtup, it will be hard to justify this really low price. After I have 12 units, i will close it up. If you guys want more, i can help the next groupbuy as she is fully believe I am the big guy of this area ( I know, I am sorry, I bluffed her up, that was the only way she believe i have the influence for this group buy event). but I can not guarantee the same price. she may want a little bit more commission from it.

thanks for the response i would love to get in on this but have to convince my wife first and thats a bigger hurdle than coming up with the money lol but what are the differences in the two lightings is one bigger than the other the prices are quite different thanks

On the question of 40 breeder it depends upon how high you have to hang it. The higher you hang the more area it will cover. These seem to have plenty of par due to the close proximity of the LEDs to each other so most have to dim them down. You can just hang them higher and get more of a spread

What I was saying is there LED's show that each Led has a range of 10 to 14k and 14 to 20k... That is like saying a MH bulb had a range of 10 to 14k we know that's a large range. That is what makes me question. But that is just me.

Frank I'm not sure where you are seeing that the LEDs have a broad spectrum? They allow you to pick from about 15 bins of bridgelux LEDs from warm white all the way thru greens, reds, violets, and blues. The guys on RC have had countless fixtures built with different color combos and have sort of a map to go by. Having the ability to place them on two separate channels also allows you to dim the colors to your liking if you wish.

The do have prebuilt formulas which range from 10-14k because you can dim one color independently if you wish to, I think that is where you are confused.

Are these the same LED's that OIAB carries I ask cause I have heard these have had some problems and I you buy one and have a problem how do you return or get service if you have a problem

The more I read about these units the more I am impressed. Yes the service does come from China but there was a flaw found with the IT2040 units as they are pretty new. The time was advancing a few minutes a day on the controller, not a fatal flaw but annoying none the less. The manufacturer had new LCDs made and has shipped them to all those affected. The insides of the IT units are all modular with plugs so it was an easy unplug and plug the new one in. Also, the way the units are wired allows you to swap out LEDs by just unsoldering one and soldering in a new one. The forward voltage of the LEDs don't have to match so you can buy extra bridgelux leds for cheap and swap out different colors until you are satisfied with the color.

I'm willing to be a guinea pig on these with the price it is a no brainer.

Mike

just got a fixture from reef breeders and besides the acrylic over the leds being loose and one of the dimming knobs not aligned with the others it is a great sound fixure only 2 days with it but am happy time will tell but after reading about others experiences with the supplier and fixtures felt it was worth the money vs a diy i have one over a 40b 12in off the water and it fills out very good i will probably end up lowering it over the next weeks

Frank I'm not sure where you are seeing that the LEDs have a broad spectrum? They allow you to pick from about 15 bins of bridgelux LEDs from warm white all the way thru greens, reds, violets, and blues. The guys on RC have had countless fixtures built with different color combos and have sort of a map to go by. Having the ability to place them on two separate channels also allows you to dim the colors to your liking if you wish.

The do have prebuilt formulas which range from 10-14k because you can dim one color independently if you wish to, I think that is where you are confused.

The more I read about these units the more I am impressed. Yes the service does come from China but there was a flaw found with the IT2040 units as they are pretty new. The time was advancing a few minutes a day on the controller, not a fatal flaw but annoying none the less. The manufacturer had new LCDs made and has shipped them to all those affected. The insides of the IT units are all modular with plugs so it was an easy unplug and plug the new one in. Also, the way the units are wired allows you to swap out LEDs by just unsoldering one and soldering in a new one. The forward voltage of the LEDs don't have to match so you can buy extra bridgelux leds for cheap and swap out different colors until you are satisfied with the color.

I'm willing to be a guinea pig on these with the price it is a no brainer.

Mike

You could always try the Eco lamps...lol

Guys, please check your email. I have sent out the DIY layout and email you some details about this groupbuy. We already have enough buyers to be eligible for this decent group buy price. I will take a couple more buyers in case any of us back out at the last minute. Please work on your layout, I will publish a recommendation if i have one later. We can also discuss the layout using this thread.

future buyers, PM me if this thread is flooded by layout discussion. I expect this groupbuy will close in one or two days.

all group buy members: one correction on front page! I wrote there are two different colors for the box, it is not, only different black paint (flat or gloss)

2. fixture paint (flat black or gloss black)

As we already over 12 units, i am requesting the sales to give us some spare bulbs in case there is any damage or defective bulbs. If we have more, if you want to change the color/layout, i may have the bulbs.