Sign in to follow this  
cellowithgills

Coastal Residents (around newport)

My wife and I will be moving to the Newport area for the next school year, and I need a little help from anyone in that area. First, what is the job situation there right now? My wife will need a full time job and I will need at least a part time. Second, where are the cheap places to rent? I've been looking in Newport and Toledo and everything seems to be $700 and up.

Any help/info is greatly appreciated.

Crazy, I'm in a 1 bedroom with everything paid except power for $545 and there are some sketchy apartments that go for $425. As far as jobs, anything to get by for a couple of years. I'd like something fitting of the degree I'm working on (marine biology and aquarium science), but I know it's not likely and I'm too young to be that picky. I pretty much willing to work anywhere and do anything.

My wife and I will be moving to the Newport area for the next school year, and I need a little help from anyone in that area. First, what is the job situation there right now? My wife will need a full time job and I will need at least a part time. Second, where are the cheap places to rent? I've been looking in Newport and Toledo and everything seems to be $700 and up.

Any help/info is greatly appreciated.

Hatfield Marine Science Center usually hires an AQS student each year for either the visitors center aquarist or west wing (hospital) aquarist.

Hatfield Marine Science Center usually hires an AQS student each year for either the visitors center aquarist or west wing (hospital) aquarist.

Is that job usually saved for 2 year or cetificate students?

Either. Usually one of each but they just hired a senior aquarist for visitors center so it could be just one in West Wing. My friend is the west wing aquarist now and she will be leaving in april.

Either. Usually one of each but they just hired a senior aquarist for visitors center so it could be just one in West Wing. My friend is the west wing aquarist now and she will be leaving in april.