ID Help???

Dtech07

ID HELP???

I got this off some chato 8-9months ago. All my parameters are great and the same for my LPS and SPS growth(naughty). But now its getting larger with the increased feeding so i'm a little getting concerned. Did research and found nothing like it. ALL and any help is welcomed and a possible ID. Thanks

Darryl/Dtech07

photo2.JPG

photo3.JPG

I had the same issue recently after a couple snails croaked . I just rinsed the cheato off with salt water siphoned all that I could out of the sump . Something's feeding it . But like any other macro or micro Algea removing it is removing what's feeding it the same reason why people harvest some of there macro . Jmo . I like to try and beat stuff the natural way before using algae removers its there for a reason . Take your water somewhere with a Hanna checked for po4 .

I had the same issue recently after a couple snails croaked . I just rinsed the cheato off with salt water siphoned all that I could out of the sump . Something's feeding it . But like any other macro or micro Algea removing it is removing what's feeding it the same reason why people harvest some of there macro . Jmo . I like to try and beat stuff the natural way before using algae removers its there for a reason . Take your water somewhere with a Hanna checked for po4 .

My P04 are undetecable (i have a calobrated Probe) even if i pull half of it out its still undetecable. I thought it was Red Turf but not the same.

I'm no help on the ID but don't let a zero reading fool you on either PO4 or NO3. The algea may be using it as fast as your tank produces it. This gives you a reading of zero even when there is a problem.

Good luck with the algea battle, we have all been there :)