fire eel

CoralCrazy

So I know this is fw. But I found out it's not just their color that gives them the name. I have a 2 to 3 foot fire eel in my fw 150g. He eats krill and after putting his food in the tank tonight he decided to see what life was like outside the tank. I'm pretty sure the pike or green severums were probably trying to steal his food. When I went to grab him to get him back in he shredded my hands. He's got some of the sharpest spines running all down his back. Needless to say now my hands are on fire. I'm just glad he doesn't have the teeth of my morays because he had no problem trying to grab a finger.

He's hiding in the wood work. Didn't even think about a net.DOH! Was just worried about getting him back in the tank. He will probably have a headache for a few days but should be fine. Think it will take me longer to heal than him. (sad) Probably would have given up on the tank if he didn't make it. He's the main reason that tank stays fw.