Jellyfish Art 6 gallon tank

NoobtoSalt

Well I'm not giving up on the biocube just going a different direction on it. I've been wanting to do other types of things in the saltwater hobby and this was just up my alley. And well I got a great deal on it. It's currently missing a piece for the air pump so I'm waiting to get it ordered but other than that I should be able to have some jellyfish by next week. The build quality of the tank looks good overall and the lighting is pretty cool with a ton of different selections of colors. Have some feelers out to a couple of LFS to see if they can get them in otherwise I will order them online. This is just the thing I need to keep myself in the hobby without getting too (flame). I realize that jelly's don't last that long and I'm sure that others have their own opinions on keeping them but please keep this as a build thread and not a "how dare he keep those thread". Thanks (clap)

Only one? It will get lonely...

Besides, I've seen tangs in smaller tanks. They're fine!

Tankglass.jpg

A pre-apology for the off topic, but you started it. ;-)

Come on... That one is way too big for my tank. I'm sure that's a 10 gallon glass.. Ok now I'm derailing my own thread.. Back to topic.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Pretty cool little challenge how long do the jellys live what do they feed on' date=' do you think sponge filter is going to cut it?[/quote'] Live expectancy is tough to gauge. With proper husbandry aproximately a year in captivity - less in the wild. Food source can be live brine shrimp, frozen, etc. I'm going to be looking into feeding cyclopeeze since it's a smaller critter. And as far as filtration there is no filter. The only thing that is setup is an air pump for circulation. Thus why you need to do weekly water changes to clean all of the excess food in the bottom of the tank. I will likely throw in a few hermits for the bottom of the tank as well to help clean things up. The design of the way the air circulates the tank is actually pretty cool. I don't have this tank setup yet but when I do I will get some video of it to show it off to all. It's a basic design that makes a lot of sense for their well being. I've read a lot of bad things about this particular company but we will see what happens from here. Less of the quality of the tank build as it is for people not knowing how to keep the livestock.

I'm excited to see how this goes for someone who has a good clue about saltwater tank husbandry. I think the bad rap for these tanks comes in large part from the fact that they're often sold as home decor.

This should be a fun project.

Agreed. Based on most of the info that I have found, it's all people that were trying to treat the tank like a betta tank and not something that they need to keep an eye on.

turn it in to a pest tank you can put stevehash20 in it LOL jK he is pretty cool once you get to know him. this should be really cool looking forward to updates. was looking at it to do a ric tank less drama on water qual. what kind of jellies you looking at?

• Like 1

turn it in to a pest tank you can put stevehash20 in it LOL jK he is pretty cool once you get to know him. this should be really cool looking forward to updates. was looking at it to do a ric tank less drama on water qual. what kind of jellies you looking at?

Not even going to touch that first part of your question bud... Looking at moon jellies. I am working with sometime to see if he can snag me a few nice specimens from Hawaii. I've gotten a few things from him in the past out there and neither of the local shops have responded so I'm guessing they can't get them.

Mastigias papua are a species that are readily available from wholesalers. Your local shop should be able to get you some of those. If not I can;)

Sent you a message.

I have also started to read a bit more on the specific issues that others have had with the tank an it sounds as if the "rocks" that are supplied with the tank become an issue for the jellyfish. I'm going to pull them out and use a sandbed so it's a bit better bottom for the jellyfish as well as allow for them to not get stuck on the bottom of the tank. This will also allow me to get a few hermits and snails for the setup without it becoming an issue I hope.

quote "Not even going to touch that first part of your question bud..." he just just young still learning but what ever know its sore spot sorry for bringing it up on your happy thread... I get it though, thought it was funny my bad.. super happy for you that you have found a new passion.. If you need any thing let me know.. we haven't had much interaction but.. from what I have seen you are very passionat about your tank as am I.. would like to have you over sometime to check out my tanks for any advice you could give.. would be very greatful.. Keep it up when one door closes anothe one opens. Its what make us stronger..

keep us posted you might start a new trend.. can you frag jellies? hmmmm

LMK

Might be modding the tank tonight. Not very impressed with the customer service from the company that sells the tank. Been waiting to hear back from them on a part I need to get the pump up and going. Part costs $8 no big deal, Shipping ground is $8.74?? and it's about the size of a dime..

Testing my mod so the tank spent leak all over the floor. Currently sitting inside a ten gallon tank with the air pump running. Very basic setup as far as filtration or lack there of. Guessing they are banking on water changes to fix the water chemistry which is likely why people are having issues with this setup. Still unsure what type of jellies I'm going to go with. I might start with some cheaper guys like the upsidedown jellyfish until i get the tank figured out. I would guess i would have a better life expectancy on them in this tank as well.

my9uvyje.jpg