Another new addition

CoralCrazy

First off I'm not slamming any stores. I took Ryan (thehumanbean) on a sw road trip last week. We had to swing by the Petco by OIAB. While we were there I saw a very pale and sad green wolf eel. I have a soft spot for eels for some reason. So yesterday we made a run to Tigard and to OIAB. Ryan came with us because we needed another truck to help haul some tanks home. During the week Ryan has been talking to a couple employees at the Petco the eel was at. So he talked them into adopting him out to me free of charge. So now I have a very shy eel. Poor little guy was scared of the shrimp and squid I tried to feed him.

Very nice. Will you leave him in the fuge or eventually move him into a display?

I really wish petco would just stop selling saltwater livestock. They could make a killing selling the supplies and leave the stock to the lfs. I know some are good but as a whole they do a very poor job caring for the livestock.

He will move to the 150 eventually. But right now he stays in the fuge to heal and grow. He has a 40g tank to himself and the eels in the 150 can see him without hurting him. He has a couple sores from trying to hide under the rough rock that he had in his tank. So I want him to totally heal and get use to eating right and being a bold eel. What I know is the only thing he was being fed was flake. So my hope is in the next few days he will start eating the chunks of shrimp,squid, and crab that I feed my other eels.

I'm not going to [language filter] Petco. Ryan is a manager at the one in Longview and he works very hard at making the sw section work. He brings in his own chemicals to keep the tanks healthy. I even gave him and the girl who is in charge of the section some garlic and other natural stuff to keep their fish happy. I think the problem is that they don't train or pick the right people to take care of that section. I am more than happy to shop at the Longview store because I know they truly care. They also know the limits they have on what fish they can keep. Like I said before I was not out to bash a store. I was just happy Ryan took the time to do what he could to save this awesome eel. Minus a bad diet and some war wounds I believe he will become a beautiful addition to my tanks. I thank Ryan personally for going out of his way to make sure this little guy didn't die.

Great rescue Heather. You do have a soft spot for eels

I was up at the Longview store a week ago and almost gave them some of my rent money for a pair of anthis they had. Such cool fish but I had to resist so I had a house to put the tank in (whistle). I might have to go back after a few paydays (plotting)

• 2 weeks later...