Sooo

Gsp is considered a pest nowadays. That would be like have an aptasia grow out contest...if I could go back in time and never bought that live rock with a tiny square of Gsp things would be so much better.

I like it, my wife calls it grass lol, just gotta stay on top of it. Looks cool to me. To each their own tho

Sorry everyone, I had planned to do another growout competition and was thinking of doing chalices for a change. The last one was a lot of fun and everyone for the most part was good sports. However sadly there was a fair amount drama and stress which really doesn't make it worth all the time and effort I put into it. I am happy to offer my help and support if someone else would like to get one going.

Oh as far as gsp, it was my favorite first coral until it overgrew the tank. :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk

Sorry everyone, I had planned to do another growout competition and was thinking of doing chalices for a change. The last one was a lot of fun and everyone for the most part was good sports. However sadly there was a fair amount drama and stress which really doesn't make it worth all the time and effort I put into it. I am happy to offer my help and support if someone else would like to get one going.

Oh as far as gsp, it was my favorite first coral until it overgrew the tank. :)

If there was a chalice grow comp I'm in :)

The last one was a lot of fun and everyone for the most part was good sports. However sadly there was a fair amount drama and stress which really doesn't make it worth all the time and effort I put into it.

Well since this was directed at me help me understand the part where I was a poor sport. Was it when I raised objection to your measurment and you basiclly ignored me which had me repost the objection at least 4 maybe 5 times. You were the 'judge' correct? Wouldn't you be the one that would 'look into' someones 'complaint' or 'objection' but instead you told me to "choose a prize or your were passing me over"

There would have not been any drama had you 'looked into it' but you did not and for that I'm the bad person, the unsportsman like participant, the creator of drama, when the fact of the matter is had you done your job it would all be moot.

And had you let sleeping dogs lay I would not be posting this rant, but you could not do that, and I, like you Kim, speak my mind.

I know this is not the right venue for this it will be the member/vendor feedback section but I could not sit here passively with that drive by you posted

Well since this was directed at me help me understand the part where I was a poor sport. Was it when I raised objection to your measurment and you basiclly ignored me which had me repost the objection at least 4 maybe 5 times. You were the 'judge' correct? Wouldn't you be the one that would 'look into' someones 'complaint' or 'objection' but instead you told me to "choose a prize or your were passing me over"

There would have not been any drama had you 'looked into it' but you did not and for that I'm the bad person, the unsportsman like participant, the creator of drama, when the fact of the matter is had you done your job it would all be moot.

And had you let sleeping dogs lay I would not be posting this rant, but you could not do that, and I, like you Kim, speak my mind.

I know this is not the right venue for this it will be the member/vendor feedback section but I could not sit here passively with that drive by you posted

Was not naming names Brad, I was just explaining why I would not be running another growout competition. Like I said before I didn't think you were serious as we joke all the time over a 2mm measurement when you had already once said you were dropping out of the competition. When I did realize you were serious and were upset,. I did offer you the refractometer which I wasn't planning on keeping anyway as I was going to donate it to a school. You refused saying you wouldn't take it unless I admitted my measurements were wrong. I said I couldn't do that as Beth was the one who actually took the measurements. I did not think it was important as the top 3 winners were fortunately clear cut. This was meant to be fun and went to 2 great causes Parkinson's and TFT. And yes posts like this are the perfect example of why I will not be running another one. Good luck to whoever gets the next one going. Like I said I would be happy to help as they can be a lot of fun. This is all I'm going to say about this.

Gsp is considered a pest nowadays. That would be like have an aptasia grow out contest...if I could go back in time and never bought that live rock with a tiny square of Gsp things would be so much better.

Aiptasia growout contest? I'm in!

How about a majano growout contest? I have a bunch of the pretty green/red ones that I'm propagating already.