Six line wrasse eating bristle worms

Jeffreyg

Sixlines are good scavengers and they will usually go after the smaller bristle worms. But in my opinion, a yellow coris wrasse is a better choice. They don't turn into a holes when they grow up lol. If you are looking for good controller for the bigger bristles, an arrow crab will do a fairly good job.

And yes, I have actually seen a sixline wrasse eat small bristle worms.

Sixlines are good scavengers and they will usually go after the smaller bristle worms. But in my opinion, a yellow coris wrasse is a better choice. They don't turn into a holes when they grow up lol. If you are looking for good controller for the bigger bristles, an arrow crab will do a fairly good job.

And yes, I have actually seen a sixline wrasse eat small bristle worms.

Lol @ garret did u like my worm farm lmao I really hate them I mean I few are ok but it's getting creepy I mean I saw one stick its head out and let loose what looked like a bunch of eggs I was considering a arrow crab but heard they get frisky trying to catch fish idk .. I was considering another wrasse but concerned that I already have a cleaner wrasse and their sissys so I didn't want him to get picked on .. The real reason for the post was I have a bet with somebody that they do this person said they'd give me 1000 if I could prove it . Lol .

Lol @ garret did u like my worm farm lmao I really hate them I mean I few are ok but it's getting creepy I mean I saw one stick its head out and let loose what looked like a bunch of eggs I was considering a arrow crab but heard they get frisky trying to catch fish idk .. I was considering another wrasse but concerned that I already have a cleaner wrasse and their sissys so I didn't want him to get picked on .. The real reason for the post was I have a bet with somebody that they do this person said they'd give me 1000 if I could prove it . Lol .

everyone set up a recorder and the 1 who snaps the pic gets to split the bet money. Wish I had a six line

If you can get over how ugly and creepy they are then there IMO the best scavengers there is and a great benifit to a reef . On the other hand I'm glad I'm not allergic to them or I'd be screwed . And I have seen them pull a sick Jawfish under the rock like a creepy horror movie ... If u can keep the numbers low there cool ..

Yup ... I'm starting a war with them though so I think I will have a yellow coris and a arrow crab ordered for me I have tried the traps that's a bunch of crap I even switched tanks .. And that's a whole new sand bed but they hitch hiked the rocks all I know is if you see one you have more creepin around in there .. I even tried manually pulling them out cut down feeding what's odd is I have three tanks going and the one in my room the 40b is the only one with the problem downstairs is a nano with two elderly ocellaris clowns and a strawberry psuedocromis which I hear eats them but have never seen it . The other tank has the triggers and a tomato clown and a bi color Blenny that I caught eating my wellso so I banished him .. But I can't find any in those tanks .. Weird aye . And at one point or another the rocks were all in the same place . Has me baffled!

Yup ... I'm starting a war with them though so I think I will have a yellow coris and a arrow crab ordered for me I have tried the traps that's a bunch of crap I even switched tanks .. And that's a whole new sand bed but they hitch hiked the rocks all I know is if you see one you have more creepin around in there .. I even tried manually pulling them out cut down feeding what's odd is I have three tanks going and the one in my room the 40b is the only one with the problem downstairs is a nano with two elderly ocellaris clowns and a strawberry psuedocromis which I hear eats them but have never seen it . The other tank has the triggers and a tomato clown and a bi color Blenny that I caught eating my wellso so I banished him .. But I can't find any in those tanks .. Weird aye . And at one point or another the rocks were all in the same place . Has me baffled!

How I avoid hitchhikers is dipping rocks in hypersalinity water- that way the hitchhikers jump off and you get to pick what you want, and what you don't.

When I first got my six line (don't have him anymore) the very first thing he did when introduced to the tank was to pull a big bristle worm right out of the sand and eat it whole!!!! I didn't really see him go after them after that though... My thinking is that when they are hungry they go after the worms but when well fed they don't bother, just a guess.

When I first got my six line (don't have him anymore) the very first thing he did when introduced to the tank was to pull a big bristle worm right out of the sand and eat it whole!!!! I didn't really see him go after them after that though... My thinking is that when they are hungry they go after the worms but when well fed they don't bother' date=' just a guess.[/quote']

Well, that's the same theory kind of as dwarf Angels and corals. Well fed = no nipping,

Not well fed = coral nipping

It's just a theory, but a pretty logical one at that

Hmmm . So I have asked around and I should probably know the anwser but ... Will a six line or a coris pick on my cleaner wrasse I'm oddly attached to my new one and don't want to have him go carpet surfing because he is getting bit in the butt fin ..

I'd go with the yellow coris, they are a few dollars more than sixlines typically are. But they are a good community wrasse.

I have a sixline in my 10 gallon and have NEVER seen a bristle worm in there... nor a flat worm for that matter. I originally got her to solve a flatworm problem. I had flatworm exit resistant flatworms.

That was in my 2 gallon tank. I liked my sixline so much, I built the 10 gallon for her. She is a model citizen though. Not a jerk like some sixlines that I hear about, but the only other fish in the tank is a Yellow watchman goby and she spends all of her time at the pistol shrimp den, so there are no territory disputes.

Personally, I love sixlines... or at least mine, and she does eat bristle worms. I'm quite certain that I would have seen one by now if she didn't eat them all. There are a few in the pest tank that I see regularly.

Hey, speaking of which, if you have an excess of bristle worms, I'd love to add a few more to the pest tank...

Got any fire worms?