I just have to brag a little about my new 300 gallon deep dimension starphire :)

jenna

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will =D. I've been researching the specs on the Hydor Performa 1005 and it seems pretty sick =D. I'm really giddy about getting metal halides too. Makes me feel more confident about growing sps even though I know the T-5's we have are good as well. Roger was suggesting tonight maybe installing some led's in between the radium bulbs so we had some more of that blue spectrum.. Thoughts?

Great idea if you want the blue look. I got 20k radiums and they are more natural looking than blue.

Honestly they are less blue than 14k Phoenix bulbs

We are getting a Mag 1800 return pump & believe a couple more Hydor Koralia wave pumps for circulation. I think... As far as lighting goes' date=' I really love that crisp look that you get from the blue spectrum lighting.[/quote']

Blue does make them pop but yellow and white light makes Em grow.

That's why I like the MH radiums but I'm gonna add t5s or LED stunner strips here soon

We are getting a Mag 1800 return pump & believe a couple more Hydor Koralia wave pumps for circulation. I think... As far as lighting goes' date=' I really love that crisp look that you get from the blue spectrum lighting.[/quote']

That's what we have ordered up so far :)

Later on down the road, I will show you guys the real fun Vortech pumps that we have ;) They are bit scary on the price so for now the Koralias will rock the 300DD well :)

what kind of fishes do you have planned?obviously reef safe but are you going to house any crazy tangs' date='angels, or other larger fishes or are you going to keep the fish small?are there any pics of your 90 gallon tank?[/quote']

Honestly I don't have the fishes planned yet! We have a pair of true percula clowns, a fire fin Blenny, a mandarin (yes I know I prob know that was a rookie move getting a mandarin in such a young tank but she's doing spectacular so far and we have 100 lbs of live rock), and 3 anthias. Once we get the 300DD I would definitely like to get a purple tang but the rest is to be determined. I'm more into the coral and inverts, honestly!

what kind of fishes do you have planned?obviously reef safe but are you going to house any crazy tangs' date='angels, or other larger fishes or are you going to keep the fish small?are there any pics of your 90 gallon tank?[/quote']

Honestly I don't have the fishes planned yet! We have a pair of true percula clowns, a fire fin Blenny, a mandarin (yes I know I prob know that was a rookie move getting a mandarin in such a young tank but she's doing spectacular so far and we have 100 lbs of live rock), and 3 anthias. Once we get the 300DD I would definitely like to get a purple tang but the rest is to be determined. I'm more into the coral and inverts, honestly!

Nice!!!! Those look so awesome. Someone needs to design an iPhone app for that (clap)

They have one. :) I was at one of the club meetings and Frank (the meeting was at his house) showed me his ph temp ext. all on his phone. He could turn the tank lights on/off and even control the power heads from his phone!!! The best part was when he did a water change at the push of a button!!!