I just have to brag a little about my new 300 gallon deep dimension starphire :)

jenna

So this is my first post, my husband and I are pretty new to saltwater. Last month we started a 90 gallon reef tank and figured out pretty quickly that it wasn't going to be big enough for our long term goals. We are SO into this obsession, er, hobby.. :)

Today we ordered a 300 gallon starphire tank with a black stand and hood. We'll be using a 75 gallon as a sump so almost 400 gallons total volume! I'm so excited!!

On a different subject... I will never own another nudibranch AGAIN! Last night we had a tiny little sea slug get fargo'd in a power head. Its toxins killed our urchin which in turn nuked about 5 of our corals and our tang :(. This morning we had to do a large water change and run carbon. It was a sad day for us. I guess ordering the big tank was our way of getting back up on the horse...

Jenna

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this is my first post, my husband and I are pretty new to saltwater. Last month we started a 90 gallon reef tank and figured out pretty quickly that it wasn't going to be big enough for our long term goals. We are SO into this obsession, er, hobby.. :)

Today we ordered a 300 gallon starphire tank with a black stand and hood. We'll be using a 75 gallon as a sump so almost 400 gallons total volume! I'm so excited!!

On a different subject... I will never own another nudibranch AGAIN! Last night we had a tiny little sea slug get fargo'd in a power head. Its toxins killed our urchin which in turn nuked about 5 of our corals and our tang :(. This morning we had to do a large water change and run carbon. It was a sad day for us. I guess ordering the big tank was our way of getting back up on the horse...

Jenna

Sorry about your loss but to be honest all I really hear is 300 gallon starphire glass tank (drooler)(drooler) when you get bak on the horse you go with a thoroughbred!

Jenna and Ralph,

I am pretty pumped about this build. I have already ordered most of the equipment for you! You will definitely have to do a build thread once this beast arrives.

Garrett,

Bummer to hear about the Elegance. That one came in looking pretty awesome! I am suprised it kicked the bucket. Most of the Indo Elegance corals that I have been getting in have been doing awesome, even long term. The one I sold before yours was at our shop for about 4 months or so if I remember correctly. The Aussies are pretty sweet too though ;)

I will =D. I've been researching the specs on the Hydor Performa 1005 and it seems pretty sick =D. I'm really giddy about getting metal halides too. Makes me feel more confident about growing sps even though I know the T-5's we have are good as well. Roger was suggesting tonight maybe installing some led's in between the radium bulbs so we had some more of that blue spectrum.. Thoughts?

I was looking at a bunch of DD tanks today' date=' any yes they are supper nice, may be putting one in my house soon!! Just got to get the 60 gallon cycled and stocked full to justify the bigger tank!! Shouldn't take to long!!![/quote']

No it would def not take long to stock a 60 gallon! If you're anything like us!