HELP

NoobtoSalt

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so im confused with where the tanks process is right now are things improving or still getting worse

It is all back to normal as of now. It was only for a couple of days there last week when it crashed. I did a few water changes and everything seems to be good now. I did loose quite a few corals but otherwise everything else is happy.

It is all back to normal as of now. It was only for a couple of days there last week when it crashed. I did a few water changes and everything seems to be good now. I did loose quite a few corals but otherwise everything else is happy.

Good news :). Did the mandarin and other fish do alright? If it was PO4 I would imagine they wouldn't be harmed but unfortunaly its still an unknown (scary).

These are the things that keep you up at night in this hobby. I am happy to hear it has stablized.

Good news :). Did the mandarin and other fish do alright? If it was PO4 I would imagine they wouldn't be harmed but unfortunaly its still an unknown (scary).

These are the things that keep you up at night in this hobby. I am happy to hear it has stablized.

All the fish made it. Now to start filling the tank again with corals..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

OMG Dang! Thougt you had this beat, very sorry to hear that your still having problems. Have a extra qt tank you can use while your getting this problem fixed. If you need it or your can put them in mine It's empty of all LS at the moment.

Hope it comes around for you.

I thought i had it beat too. I had to run to work for a few hours this morning but will be heading back home to check the damages soon. I'm going to stick to softies as i know they will do fine. I don't have the time to keep dealing with this every other week. Look for an sps sale soon

I'd break the whole thing down and search the sand . I think I read in a earlier post that you were using prime ammonia remover ? Correct me if im wrong ? Idk but stuff like that usually just binds the chemical your trying to remove if it isn't then it can release itself in toxic amounts . After reading this it made me think of my uncle and him losing everything 1000's of dollars worth of stuff testing water over and over nothing . Come to find out somebody dropped change in his sump .. Idk that is why I'd take it all apart and look this is the strangest thing I have heard since his story ..

I'd break the whole thing down and search the sand . I think I read in a earlier post that you were using prime ammonia remover ? Correct me if im wrong ? Idk but stuff like that usually just binds the chemical your trying to remove if it isn't then it can release itself in toxic amounts . After reading this it made me think of my uncle and him losing everything 1000's of dollars worth of stuff testing water over and over nothing . Come to find out somebody dropped change in his sump .. Idk that is why I'd take it all apart and look this is the strangest thing I have heard since his story ..

That's my plan. I'm going to replace the sandbed if i keep the tank. Still not even sure on that yet.

Ya I'd replace the sand bed and grab more rock . Look at it this way . I know people like to sit and enjoy there tanks but what fun would it be if you never had to do anything i dont even think u could call it a hobby that would be like having gold fish in a bowl It's all trials and errors no matter how u look at it and replacing the sand and a chunk of rock will give you something to do and I bet it will fix it . Idk man but good luck don't give up though u have a pretty nice tank from what I seen .

Ouch that sucks!! It was looking so good at the meeting. Everything was looking fine and healthy then it hits again. I hope changing out the sand bed works. Didn't you buy a bag of sand at the auction? I would just replace all the sand and rinse the tank clean rather than just rinsing the old stuff and risking it again.

Good Luck

Don

Ouch that sucks!! It was looking so good at the meeting. Everything was looking fine and healthy then it hits again. I hope changing out the sand bed works. Didn't you buy a bag of sand at the auction? I would just replace all the sand and rinse the tank clean rather than just rinsing the old stuff and risking it again.

Good Luck

Don

Yeah I'm going to use that sand instead. I'm still planning on getting rid of all the sps though

I didn't pay attention to the sand at the meeting. What did you have then Jesse? this really sucks dude.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy SII

Yup definitely sucks. I had a very fine sand in the tank. Now I'm using the sand i bought at the auction. More like crushed coral. Waiting for the tank to clear up before i test the water and add the fish in. I did about a 15 gallon water change and will continue to do water changes over the next few days. Once i think the corals are happy again the sps is going on the chopping block.