HELP

NoobtoSalt

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can.. Doesn't mean they did... Idk dude I just know its not good. And with everything looking in order it sounds like that's your best bet.... It could have cause an ammonia spike, then you do a water change and everything looks okay doesn't mean it is. Process could have already took effect. IME AND opinion I would never rely on my clean up crew to get rid of a dead fish as they don't get rid of the ammonia.. I'd search, find, remove.. Especially how much money I've put into the tank.

I'm no expert,

It's a biocube not the ocean.. A small confined space of water like that doesn't take long to get out of control as you can see from your experience.

Again though, I really hope you fix the problem.

He said he doesn't care just he doesn't want your stuff to die its out of his mouth not mine I'm standing right here with him

Just sent him a text to thank him for the offer. I think at this point the corals that are going to stay in the tank are going to make it. Ty again

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Guarantee it has something to do with the dead fire fish... I mean I'm pretty positive it's not good to let it rot in the tank.. And again water changes can give false readings..

If its not that it's the wrath of the fish gods or something cause it sounds unexplainable..

I saw the fish the other day, very small little guy...

I saw the fish the other day' date=' very small little guy...[/quote']

I'm not sure I get your point?

Assuming its an excuse? What makes that okay? Cause my friend lost a baby dori that lodged itself in a rock before it died In his 150.. It to was a very small fish but he got it out.. It took time but laziness isn't a good enough reason to let a $100 fish get eatin by 50 cent hermits...

I think it's odd that ppl on this forum get mad when ppl cycle $2 fish.. But when a nice fish dies in a cycled tank it's okay to let it rot and get decomposed by scavengers... And then not find it to spike anything?

If that's not your problem then I'm wrong.. But obviously it's not good and the whole point is. WHY?

I mean it's a better chance it's that then the wrasse? If the wrasses slime coat affected anything then it wouldn't be a "reef-safe" fish.. Because its slime coat could harm your corals.

Also if it was okay to leave a dying fish in your tank there wouldn't be threads talking about a fish dying, causing an ammonia spike resulting in die off..

Assuming its an excuse? What makes that okay? Cause my friend lost a baby dori that lodged itself in a rock before it died In his 150.. It to was a very small fish but he got it out.. It took time but laziness isn't a good enough reason to let a $100 fish get eatin by 50 cent hermits...

I think it's odd that ppl on this forum get mad when ppl cycle $2 fish.. But when a nice fish dies in a cycled tank it's okay to let it rot and get decomposed by scavengers... And then not find it to spike anything?

If that's not your problem then I'm wrong.. But obviously it's not good and the whole point is. WHY?

I mean it's a better chance it's that then the wrasse? If the wrasses slime coat affected anything then it wouldn't be a "reef-safe" fish.. Because its slime coat could harm your corals.

Also if it was okay to leave a dying fish in your tank there wouldn't be threads talking about a fish dying, causing an ammonia spike resulting in die off..

My question was merely a question about the slime coat trying to get to the bottom of this. As far as the fish I'm 99% positive it was eaten by my CUC before I could find it. I'm going to try and enjoy the rest of my evening away from the tank with my lovely wife of 10 years and forget about this stupid tank for the time being. If it continues to go downhill by Sunday I will likely be selling off whatever SPS I have left if it's healthy. If it's not it will be free.

My torts/acros seem to be doing good along with the milli's so I'm at a loss for words as to why the other pieces of SPS died off but I will just hope for the best tonight and call it good.

I have had a few offers already to try and get my spirits up about this and I want to thank each of you. If and when I decided to get back into SPS side of the hobby I will hit you all up.

People get mad because a person that CHOOSES to cycle a tank with a fish is making a decision to do that fish harm. If a small fish dies on it's own/natural causes and is behind all of the rockwork it will cause more harm to remove all of the rock to get it out verses letting the scavengers do their job.

The comment Gill made had nothing to do with the value of the fish but the size and likelihood it would cause little issue being it was so small.

People get mad because a person that CHOOSES to cycle a tank with a fish is making a decision to do that fish harm. If a small fish dies on it's own/natural causes and is behind all of the rockwork it will cause more harm to remove all of the rock to get it out verses letting the scavengers do their job.

The comment Gill made had nothing to do with the value of the fish but the size and likelihood it would cause little issue being it was so small.

Im throwing in the towel on this thread..

Also it depends on where the fish is.. And how long the tank has been set up..

And if you have cycled fish before without harm to the fish... What's to say it will get worse.. Especially when a mantis shrimp got cycled in our tank accidentally and is still alive now he's welcome.. And a new pet to the 65..

Inverts do not survive as well as fish through cycles yet he lived.. And I've done it probably 4 times now? With still not ONE dead fish? All are accounted for alive and well.

Also.. It's not like I'm buying a powder blue to cycle.. I'm buying fish that get fed to predators as live food.. Their intentions are to harm the fish more than mine? Lol but I get the point your TRYING to make..

It's also funny that the same ppl that say "don't keep tangs in small tanks" don't say anything to the ppl with nicer tanks then them that are..

Hey Jesse If you did it once you can do it again I know it sucks to have everything go to hell over night like that but stay positive rebuild slow and you will have a excellent reef once again. On a side note I recently had a low alk and raised it up to quickly and had a some complete bleaching out off corals over night and after things stablized it stopped may be an alk thing but what caused the swing I dont know. Is it possible that one of the kids might have tried to help with the fish tank maintenance? I know that you will have a nice reef again you had one of the best sps nanos I have ever seen Good Luck =)

Hey Jesse If you did it once you can do it again I know it sucks to have everything go to hell over night like that but stay positive rebuild slow and you will have a excellent reef once again. On a side note I recently had a low alk and raised it up to quickly and had a some complete bleaching out off corals over night and after things stablized it stopped may be an alk thing but what caused the swing I dont know. Is it possible that one of the kids might have tried to help with the fish tank maintenance? I know that you will have a nice reef again you had one of the best sps nanos I have ever seen Good Luck =)

That honestly is the best route, if the alk was low and then you did a water change and ended up with 7.5 it def was alk

I guess my point was.. Would you leave a tang that died in a 150?

Comparison wise the fire fish would actually be bigger in the water volume.

If the fish died and sat there overnight there probably wouldn't be anything left of it by morning if you have a good clean up crew in the tank... Should you leave it in the tank if you can get to it no! but i would not tear apart a 150 gallon tank just to get the fish out if it was behind rock work.

If the fish died and sat there overnight there probably wouldn't be anything left of it by morning if you have a good clean up crew in the tank... Should you leave it in the tank if you can get to it no! but i would not tear apart a 150 gallon tank just to get the fish out if it was behind rock work.

It didn't die last night.. Lol it died before he bought his last fish. And ey 2 different opinions.. I mean I wouldn't go balls deep and reck everything but I would see if I could find him before I started, idk we got two opinions no need to keep carrying it on. That's just what I'd do. I'd rather get it out and be careful with adjustments to the rock work then yeah. I'm not saying your wrong just stating what I'd do. Isn't that what the forums for? Stating opinions