HELP

NoobtoSalt

Is there anyone local that I can drop off my remaining corals to before I loose them all? I'm going to take my softies up to my parents tank but the few sps pieces and chalices won't make it with their lighting. My tank somehow crashed last night. not sure what the heck happened but I don't want to loose everything..(sad)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's my 10 year anniversary today so I'm going out to dinner tonight with the wife. I'm going to try and setup a holding tank for the time being for them at least today but if anyone else is around today let me know. Don't want to loose the rest of the tank if at all possible.

Thanks for the offers fellas.

Thanks for the offer Jeff but I would hate for you to spend your lunch break dealing with this. I setup a 10 gallon tank to pull some of the corals out for now, I will get some more water here in just a bit. I have no idea what the heck happened still. I will be testing shortly but I kind of went into panic mode to get the corals out so far.

You can drop them off at my place. I have lots of room. Jeff

Are you around today? If so I just might take you up on that offer depending on what I find out with my tests.

So far I have done 4 tests and the only one that seems a little low is my alk.

kH : 7.5

Nitrates: 0

Calcium: 400-450

Salinity: 1.025

Still have Mg to test and I'm guessing with my kH being low that it might be a little high. I'm going to do another water change as well but this still makes no sense at all to have happened.

Any suggestions?

kH : 7.5

Nitrates: 0

Calcium: 400-450

Salinity: 1.025

Mg: 1150

Any other tests I should do that I don't have? I'm going to do another water change here shortly but this just doesn't make any sense now. The last time I had a big issue like this it was due to the salt being bad but all the parameters seem to be fine. (scratch)

Just outa curiosity' date=' what salt are you using? I'm assuming your mixing your own with RODI correct? Don't think its the issue, just never asked.[/quote']

Kent with RODI

Dang Jesse that really sucks. I don't believe the wrasse slime coat would be your problem. I hope you figure it out.

Still can't figure out the problem but now I'm about to loose my Oregon Mummy Eye, Tyree Chalice, Oregon tort, tri color acro, and a few others. At this point it's too late to try and get them out which really sucks.. They are already melting. I just don't get what happened. Pretty embarrassed right now that I'm having the meeting next week and will have nothing but skeletons and zoas in the tank.

I wonder I the wrasse stirred up the sand bed? I'd offer up some space in my tank but sps check in and never check out....

The wrasse doesn't go into the sandbed and it's only effecting the sps and lps not my zoas.

Ammonia. Nitrites. Run carbon in case a foreign substance got in. Maybe a dose of prime depending on other tests. Copper? Test anything that can be detrimental to corals. Run prime for heavy metals and carbon for that and others.

I pulled out carbon just recently, maybe that's what caused this? I use prime every time I do a water change just as a precaution. Have not tested for copper but would think that all of my corals would be having problems and not just the sps and lps.